Title: Business Development Manager – Solar Energy and Energy Storage, DNV-GL
Application Link is here
Location: Arlington VA, Austin, Oakland CA, Medford MA, Arlington VA, Seattle WA, Portland OR, and San Diego CA
Does the opportunity to bring in leads to outpace market growth inspire you?
Are you interested in managing relationships with some of the largest solar and storage developers in North America?
Are you excited about the opportunities created by the energy transition to decarbonize our economy?
DNV GL – Energy is seeking a Business Development Manager – Solar Energy and Energy Storage to prospect for leads and manage relationships with developers of solar and energy storage project within North America. The successful candidate will develop and execute an annual action plan to ensure that sales targets are achieved and that other key performance indicators are met. The Business Development Manager will develop an understanding of the customer’s needs and facilitate a variety of business development and sales efforts. The successful candidate will develop long-term relationships with key decision makers within the targeted customers, identify new business opportunities, and ensure high customer satisfaction.
This position may be based out of our Oakland, CA; Katy (Houston), TX; Austin, TX, Medford (Boston), MA; Arlington (Washington DC), VA, Seattle, WA; Portland, Or; San Diego, CA; other locations will be considered.
Tasks May Include
- Create and expand relationships with key individuals at targeted companies to develop an understanding of the customer’s needs and processes
- Develop value propositions for the customer based on DNV GL service offerings and capabilities
- With the support of our internal experts, expand relationships with the customers and demonstrate our value propositions
- Manage the opportunity pursuit for all offers to the targeted customers
- Develop customer management action plans and report on activities and accomplishments
- Ensure achievement of sales targets and customer relationship strength KPIs
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in business development or account management for the solar power industry
- Knowledge of the solar energy market along with a strong network of solar project developers
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills needed to develop long-term relationships, proposals, and presentations
- Strong interpersonal communications skills with proven experience working directly with senior staff and clients
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Structured thinking and communication with ability to clearly articulate and distill complex concepts for any audience
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint,
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time within North America
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/H/V
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global assurance company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. Operating in more than 100 countries, our professionals are dedicated to helping customers in the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables and other industries to make the world safer, smarter and greener.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
- Address Arlington, Virginia, United States
- Skillset Marketing
- Experience Level 5-10 years