Location: Boulder, Denver, or Remote
Wunder is building a Modern Energy Company.
We were founded with one simple vision: to address the greatest crisis of our generation by accelerating the deployment of solar energy. In doing so, we help businesses, municipalities, and schools save money by delivering clean on-site power. We convert simple warehouses into electrified industrial platforms built for the future. We enable the nation’s leading commercial and industrial real estate firms to capture the benefits of solar across their properties. We align ESG goals with revenue targets, and the renewable energy assets we’re deploying today will power America’s tomorrow.
Wunder currently holds more than $1 billion in solar assets under management and capital commitments. Our team has evaluated more than 10,000 properties for solar across all 50 states. Our average solar system – about 480 kilowatts in size – can offset 350,000 pounds of coal burned each year of system operation!
We have an amazing opportunity for an energetic, charismatic, and relationship driven Account Manager to join our fast-growing team and work on multi-million dollar renewable energy deals every week. Energy industry experience is not required, but you should be well-versed in successfully executing complex sales with commercial customers.
In this role you will work cross-functionally to understand the market landscape and strategically onboard new clients. You will need to flex your communication, pipeline management, and sales skills to strategically approach target customers, educate them on solar, shepherd them through the solar deployment process, and deliver successful outcomes for high-impact, high-value partnerships. To be successful, you will need to become an expert on commercial and industrial customer archetypes, target markets, real estate dynamics, and corporate decision-making structures.
This role is unique because you will be on the front lines in our fight against climate change, actively accelerating the deployment of renewable energy resources. With equal parts sales and account management the pipelines that you execute on will directly lead to more solar panels on rooftops across America. If you get excited about bringing an entirely new asset class to market, closing million-dollar deals every week, building an organization aimed at saving the world, and ensuring that all of the details needed to make all of that happen are covered, this is the role for you.
- Sales Experience – You have 5+ years of experience managing accounts and/or closing complex sales transactions. You have experience partnering with your clients to understand their needs, deliver solutions that meet their unique goals, manage complexity, and accelerate transactions to a close. Ideally, you have experience selling commercial real estate.
- Relationship Management Expertise – You are skilled at making long lasting relationships. You’ve built countless trusted relationships and guide your clients through processes with ease. Whether it takes two months or two years to close a deal, you’ll make long lasting relationships with your clients and remember their preferred ski runs and dogs names. Relationships fuel your work and your life and not a day goes by when you don’t make a new connection, whether it’s on the phone with a potential client or on the line to order a coffee.
- Superior Communication Skills – You recognize that partners have different communication styles; you know how to meet them in their medium and speak their language. You are able to explain complicated concepts in a variety of ways, to ensure everyone understands and is up to speed.
- Sales Hunger – You love hopping on the phone, sending emails, attending industry conferences, developing relationships, digging into the details, and hitting aggressive targets. You’re always willing to follow up, grab a drink, or hop on a plane to close a deal. Hitting your daily and monthly metrics is your dream come true.
- A No-Task-Is-Too-Small Attitude – Wunder is a lean financial technology company, but we close big deals and make a big impact. A lot needs to get done in the process, and there’s no room for ego here.
- Financial Fluency – While client interaction is a big part of the job, comfort with numbers is a must. Large-scale solar projects are economics-driven and frequently include a project finance component. You need to know your way around a financial model and be eloquent in how you communicate complex financial concepts.
- You Have a Team Ethos – You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced rapid-growth environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re not just excited to work cross-functionally, you crave it.
- You’re Flexible, a Quick Responder – The problem we’re trying to solve as an organization is dynamic and each day brings fresh and exciting challenges. You can react quickly and efficiently when called upon to change or pivot.
- You Believe That No Problem is Too Hard – In an industry where people are constantly stuck, we find ways to get it done. You know how to articulate and roll out solutions, recognizing there are many solutions to the same problem. You find new and effective ways to streamline and create processes to increase efficiency.
- Located in the East Coast of the United States – Strong preference for candidates who currently live in, or are willing to relocate to, the Northeast of the United States.
Wunder provides one of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the planet – and that’s hard work! Your job impacts nearly every facet of your life, so we provide an extensive compensation and benefits package to ensure Wunder has a positive impact on your life, both personally and professionally.
Salary and Equity
The salary range for this role is $100,000 – $155,000 base comp per year, with the potential to earn up to 30% variable compensation if target metrics are reached. We also offer equity in the form of stock options as a part of the overall compensation package. Wunder determines the successful candidate’s compensation package throughout the interview process based on experience and expertise, and the final compensation package will be discussed with the candidate during the final stages of the interview process.
Benefits and PTO
Wunder truly cares about your happiness and well-being, so we strive to ensure our benefits offerings are of top quality. We offer the following benefits to all team members:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental & vision insurance for all team members
- 50% employer-paid medical, dental & vision insurance for dependents
- Employer-paid short-term disability, long-term disability & life insurance
- 401k Matching (50% match up to 4% of your base salary)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Dependent Care FSA
- Up to 14 weeks fully paid Parental Leave for childbearing parents; 6 weeks fully paid Parental Leave for non-childbearing parents
- 11 paid holidays & unlimited PTO
Wunder believes connecting with your team members is instrumental to job satisfaction and your ability to solve complex problems. As a hybrid organization, facilitating opportunities that support team cohesion is more important than ever! You’ll find our hybrid team taking coffee walks or collaborating on Zoom, while also cycling, hiking, climbing, skiing, camping, and dining all over our mile-high home: Colorado. Here are some of the ways we facilitate a flexible yet cohesive work environment:
- Unless otherwise specified within the job post, you can live wherever you’d like as long as you’re located within the U.S.
- Flexible schedules, so you can pick your kids up after school or finally make it to your favorite yoga class
- A big, bright, funky office located in Downtown Boulder; in-office meals and a fully stocked kitchen
- Generous travel budget for remote team members (expect to travel to Boulder quarterly)
- Commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion through company principles, programs, and events (see below for even more details)
- In-person & virtual events, team offsites, and company retreats
- Annual professional development budget and unlimited book budget
- And so much more!
Commitment to DEI
Wunder is focused on providing a happy, productive workplace, and we’re constantly improving it! We’re committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive workplace in which all team members have an opportunity to contribute to the success of our mission. At Wunder, people are valued for their skills, experiences, and diverse perspectives, and we encourage all individuals to apply, even if they don’t check every box in the ‘About You’ section above.
Our commitment to equity is embodied in company policy, but it’s also evident every day in how we conduct business and the internal initiatives and programs we provide for our team. Here are some of the ways we strive to ensure everyone feels welcome, safe and free to be themselves at Wunder:
- A holistic, actionable DEI learning strategy that enables all team members to advance inclusivity in a meaningful way
- Inclusive, objective recruiting processes and partnerships with diverse candidate pools & organizations
- Monthly Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), events and initiatives focused on inclusivity
- Equitable Compensation Principles that ensure every team member is paid fairly and equitably
- An environment that values feedback, active listening, flexibility and open communication