Position Title: Administrative Associate – Research Policy, Environmental Law Institute
Are you a detail-oriented person skilled in administrative support, and looking to effect positive change in this world? Would you be motivated to support communications and educational programming to advance innovative environmental policy solutions? If so, the Environmental Law Institute may have the perfect job for you.
Since 1969, ELI has played a pivotal role in shaping the fields of environmental law, policy, and management, domestically and abroad. ELI is an internationally recognized, non-partisan research and education center working to strengthen environmental protection by improving law and governance worldwide. Currently, ELI is looking for a highly organized and self-motivated Administrative Associate- Research & Policy to help us fulfill our mission of fostering innovative and practical law and policy solutions to enable leaders across borders and sectors to make environmental, economic, and social progress.
While the Administrative Associate will engage with staff across ELI, their primary focus will be on supporting Research & Policy division activities in two areas. A major focus will be on supporting the organization of educational workshops and events. Some of the events are annual (such as ELI’s Environmental Law and Policy Annual Review, Clean Water Act workshops for state and tribal officials, and Environmental Law Boot Camps), and some will be ad hoc and/or intermittent (such as training programs for judges, working group meetings, and other Research project convenings). The other major focus for this position will be working with Research & Policy division staff to help keep ELI’s website updated. After training and with support of ELI’s webmaster, the Administrative Associate will establish and manage a system for updating project and program webpages under the direction of project personnel. The Administrative Associate, who reports to the Associate Vice President, Research & Policy, will also engage in other operational tasks and activities that support the Research & Policy division.
Working with Project Managers and other staff, responsibilities include:
- Plan and manage the logistics for in-person, virtual, and hybrid events including, but not limited to:
- managing communications with partners, sponsors, speakers, and event mailing lists;
- arranging for venues, travel, lodging, and catering;
- arranging planning processes, including communicating with those involved and taking detailed notes, and collecting and managing presentation materials;
- Responding to registrant inquiries and questions about the event;
- event production, including managing registrations, event walk through, tech oversight, and speaker/exhibitor logistics.
- Manage end-to-end operations for Research & Policy webinars, meetings, and convenings hosted via a variety of web platforms including scheduling, tech-tests with panelists, day of execution, trouble shooting, and post event reporting.
- Establish and manage a system for soliciting updates from project managers and entering them on project and program webpages, using tools such as Drupal and basic HTML.
- Other administrative, communications, or information-management tasks as needed.
Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The Environmental Law Institute is collaborative by nature and you must be able to interact in a professional manner with people from diverse racial, ethnic, political, and socioeconomic backgrounds. We employ anti-racist practices and principles while striving to support ELI’s culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice. This position requires:
- Strong event planning, outreach, and marketing skills, for in-person, remote and hybrid events
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to simultaneously plan and manage multiple projects and establish priorities with moderate supervision
- Superb attention to detail and ability to reliably adhere to deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Accurate and reliable data entry skills
- Proficiency with standard office software, including Microsoft Office
- An ability to collaborate with a project team, proactively planning, communicating, and managing activities in support of project objectives
- Flexibility and willingness to take on other tasks as needed
Other preferred skills include:
- Baseline knowledge of, or interest in, environmental issues, law, or policy
- Knowledge of virtual meeting/event platforms such as Zoom, Teams, Remo
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree or equivalent experience: Bachelors or equivalent
- Years of experience: One or more years in event planning, administrative support, or other relevant area
$45,000 – $50,000 annual salary, commensurate with experience. Includes excellent benefits such as:
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employer paid life insurance & disability insurance
- Long Term Care insurance
- Pre-tax transportation benefit
- Fitness Incentive
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Account with employer match
- Paid time off
Interested candidates can apply online through ELI’s application portal by visiting https://www.eli.org/employment. Note that your submission must contain the following uploaded documents (Word or PDF format), as follows:
- Cover letter, addressing your personal goals and interests, as well as your experience and interest in carrying out the duties outlined above.
- Current resume
Applications must be submitted no later than OCTOBER 21, 2022. You must use ELI’s online application system; ELI cannot accept applications submitted by email, USPS or other shipping service, or hand delivery. No phone calls, please.
Please note that to ensure the health and safety of the ELI workforce, any offer of employment from ELI is contingent on candidates providing proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. ELI management will consider requests for religious or medical exceptions, consistent with applicable law.
- Address District of Columbia, United States
- Skillset Policy
- Salary $45,000 - $50,000