Title: Administrative Associate to the Executive Office, Leagues of Conservation Voters
Location: Washington, DC, eligible for remote work up to 4 days a week.
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
For more than 50 years, LCV has grown into a potent political force for protecting our planet and everyone who inhabits it. We have built a powerful national movement with 30 state affiliates, and grassroots and community organizing programs across the country.
LCV is hiring an Administrative Associate to the Executive Office who will provide administrative support and assist with managing the priorities of the Chief of Staff and Chief Officer for Racial Justice and Equity (RJE). This position includes frequent interfacing with the Executive Team, senior staff, and external partners. We are seeking an exceptionally organized and efficient individual with high attention to detail who also thinks holistically about the needs and expectations of the Executive Office. The ideal candidate is creative, self driven, organized and committed to centering racial justice and equity (RJE) in our work. LCV staff are mission-driven, motivated, and strive to lead with our values of accountability, anti-racism, community, innovation, learning, and sustainability.
Team Culture and Functioning
- Assist the Chief Officer for Racial Justice and Equity (CORJE) and the Chief of Staff with administrative tasks, scheduling support, writing, travel logistics, reimbursements and expense reports, as needed.
- Maintain tracking for Executive Office objectives, including completing RJE board reports and updating strategic plan goals dashboards.
- Provide logistical support for virtual and in-person meetings and lead note-taking and disseminating follow-up in several regularly occurring meetings.
- Contribute to organizational and department efforts to infuse racial justice and equity into all aspects of our work, through leading and supporting team meetings, team building efforts, and interdepartmental communications.
- Help foster a culture of inclusivity, community, collaboration, and trust, including providing opportunities to staff to build relationships across the organization and with the Executive Office.
- Archive all department wide materials and documents and ensure file retention between Google Drive and organizational network drive.
- Contribute to the team with other projects and duties as assigned.
- Travel up to 5% including staff retreats, meetings, conferences and professional development opportunities, as needed.
- Track Executive Office spending for LCV and related entities by processing all incoming invoices. Work with the Finance team to reconcile expenses on a quarterly basis to ensure accurate coding.
- Help administer the budget creation and revision processes for the Executive Office, working with the Chief Officer for Racial Justice and Equity and the Chief of Staff to determine departmental budget needs.
Organizational Racial Justice and Equity Support
- Work with CORJE to plan and schedule racial justice and equity trainings for all staff.
- Collaborate with CORJE and Racial Justice and Equity Coordinator (open position) to craft and finalize organization-wide documents – including evaluation reports, guidance, and policies – designed to further LCV’s racial justice and equity values and goals.
- Work with CORJE to offer staffing support for the Boards’ Ad Hoc RJE Committee.
- Work with CORJE and RJE Coordinator to support the staff RJE Working Group in monitoring its progress towards meeting annual goals.
- Offer research support to CORJE for special projects, including creating and maintaining a RJE Resource Library and RJE Curriculum for LCV and our state partners.
- Support the creation and tracking of contracts with consultants and other vendors, as needed.
- Work Experience: Required – At least 1 year of experience in administrative support for a team. Preferred – Experience working directly for someone in senior leadership in an organization; experience doing so in a non-profit, political organization or campaign.
- Skills: Required – Highly attentive to details and able to take ownership of routine tasks. Excellent written and oral communications skills, and proficient in word processing, spreadsheets and databases. Adept at maintaining systems for easy access to information and data. Extremely well organized; high level of integrity and ability to manage confidential information; solid judgment; self-starter, critical thinking skills; a sense of teamwork and community; works well in a fast-paced environment; ability to handle multiple tasks; plans ahead and can see the big picture;. Preferred – Experience with Zoom, and Google Suite.
- Cultural Competence: Shares LCV’s commitment to advancing racial justice and equity and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
- Working Conditions: This job operates in a professional office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and audiovisual systems. This position is largely sedentary, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. The position will require applicants to be in-person on average 1 day a week. Applicants need to be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States. LCV requires all employees working from our offices or participating in in-person meetings or events to be fully up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative Associate to the Executive Office” in the subject line by October 2, 2022. No phone calls please.
- Address District of Columbia, United States
- Salary $50,420-$59,002