Title: Annual Fund Director, Shenandoah National Park Trust
About the Position
As the official philanthropic partner of Shenandoah National Park, the Trust invests in programs and initiatives which help ensure that Shenandoah remains a crown jewel of the Park Service, an economic driver for the region, and a national treasure for all to enjoy, for generations to come. We are in search of a creative leader to grow with us!
The Annual Fund Director is a dynamic, engaging leader that plays a critical role as the SNPT’s primary mid-level gift officer that identifies, qualifies, and solicits annual fund donors with a focus on those that can give $500-$2,500. The Annual Fund Director is also responsible for the overarching annual fund strategy and calendar that includes acquiring new donors, moving donors along the pipeline, and upgrading donors to major gift status.
The ideal candidate will:
- Excel in a forward-facing role, making cold calls to new prospects and building donor relationships that result in increased giving.
- A storyteller that exhibits strong writing skills, required for successful donor communications in a variety of formats, including letters, emails and social media.
- Have experience with direct donor solicitation.
- Love the outdoors and be able to take donors on hiking tours of the park.
- Be able to travel across Virginia for donor events and visits when in-person events begin.
- Be comfortable speaking to groups of donors and giving fundraising progress reports to the CEO and Board.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of five (5) years professional experience developing and directing comprehensive annual fundraising campaigns. Proven track record of success in growing a comprehensive giving program that meets measurable goals and objectives.
- Keen appreciation for the foundation of annual giving as the enabling component of successful major and gift planning programs.
- Outstanding organizational skills; initiate and complete multiple tasks on time with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated talent for recruiting, managing and inspiring volunteers.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and judgment to represent the Trust with all stakeholders; develop and maintain effective relationships with donors, prospects and the Park community, while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Ability to write and speak persuasively; excellent written, oral and computer skills.
- Strong database knowledge required.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to establish goals and action plans and to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team to achieve goals.
- Strong self-motivation and high level of professionalism.
- Knowledge of and experience in an environmental nonprofit preferred.
- Some nights and weekends may be required.
- Travel is required, and some possibility of overnights.
- Ability to type and sit for long periods.
- Ability to lift and carry 35 pounds.
- Must be able to hike at least a mile.
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License
Location: This position is based in Charlottesville VA.
Salary: $60,000-$75,000, with competitive benefits; including staff hikes and a park pass.
Professionals who are interested in joining the Trust team should submit a letter of interest and professional resume by email with the subject line: Annual Fund Director to Kelly Berrang at Kberrang@snptrust.org . Please no phone calls.
- Address Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
- Skillset Finance
- Salary $60,000-75,000
- Experience Level 5-10 years