Position Title: Benefits Specialist, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF)
Position Posting; https://www.edf.org/jobs/benefits-specialist
Locations: New York, Boston, Washington, D.C.
With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
Support the Total Rewards team in determining global short – and long-term strategies for health and wellness programs to ensure market competitiveness.
- Provides support in the analysis, development, design, communication, and implementation of global benefits; include benefits structure, cost analysis, and annual renewals
- Research and evaluate benefit programs and policies and stay up to date on trends; domestic and global
- Liaise with third party vendors and industry related partners to provide relevant regional benchmarking and strategic proposals for policies and program
- Liaise with global HRBPs and relevant stakeholders for benefits set up in new geographies
- Ensure the accuracy of all benefit enrollments in the HRIS and vendor systems to ensure accurate eligibility information
- Coordinate annual open enrollment and renewals for global sites
- Support planning and coordinating global wellness initiatives and strategy
- Update global HR procedure manuals and materials and communications for organization wide distribution to educate employees about their benefits
- Analyze the costs and benefits of wellness and insurance programs
- Keep up to date on compliance and legislative changes related to benefits; domestic and international
- Conduct benefits related HRIS testing and reporting
- Process and track benefit expenses and reimbursements requests (e.g. tuition, wellness, fitness, etc.)
- Manage benefits inquiries in the HR mailbox and assist with general employee inquiries
- Manage triggers and processes related to hire and termination including new hires benefit enrollment, benefits termination, COBRA
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
- 3 years’ experience in benefits administration, preferably in a medium-sized global firm (e.g., 300-600 employees) and bachelor’s degree, or master’s degree with at least 1 year of relevant experience.
- Firm understanding of human resources policies and procedures; domestic and global (experience in Europe and Asia markets are a plus)
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy amount multiple systems and documents
- Ability to think critically, identifying and evaluating solutions
- Positive attitude and ability to remain flexible in an evolving environment.
- Ability to take initiative, multitask, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Good judgment to manage sensitive and confidential matters.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook; knowledge of HRIS preferred (Workday a plus)
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Experience Level 2-5 years