Position Title: Blue Program Coordinator, Oceanic Global
Position Posting: Link here
Location: New York (remote part-time)
Nonprofit Oceanic Global is looking for a Program Coordinator to join the Blue Standard team. The ideal candidate is a proactive individual who is passionate about providing environmental solutions for our ocean and planet’s health. The Blue Program Coordinator will help with Blue Standard consulting, client relations, and data analytics among other initiatives.
About Oceanic Global Industry Solution Program: The Blue Standard
A first of its kind cross-industry standard by Oceanic Global, the Blue Standard (Blue) empowers industries and businesses of all sizes to achieve measurable impact that protects our blue planet and establishes universal accountability for sustainable business leadership.
Blue offers a 3-Star verification for business operations alongside open-source resources, step-by-step auditing and consultation support, and buying deals with vetted vendors to help businesses eliminate single-use plastics and operate sustainably. Blue also offers Product and Packaging seals that verify Consumer Packaged Goods for meeting Blue’s plastic-free criteria. The two synergistic offerings work together to empower businesses to achieve measurable impact that protects our blue planet.
To-date, Blue has worked with 400+ businesses internationally spanning across over 30 cities and 26 countries. Additionally, Blue has a network of 300+ sustainable vendors which offer sustainable alternatives to single-use plastic items that have been vetted by Oceanic Global’s scientific advisory board.
Duties and Opportunities
Blue Standard Consulting
- Assist the Blue Standard Director in providing consulting services for businesses implementing sustainable operating practices for verification through the Blue Standard.
Research & Analytics
- Research potential Blue businesses:
- Businesses that are already pursuing sustainability standards that would be good candidates for Blue.
- Blue Product & Packaging Seal vetting and outreach:
- Conduct in-depth reviews of product materials, supply chains, etc. to ensure compliance with the Blue Product & Packaging Seal criteria.
- Research and make outreach to CPG businesses that have products/packaging that aligns with the Blue Product & Packaging Seal criteria.
- Blue List vendor research and outreach:
- Work with Blue Standard Director to identify and vet new sustainable vendors for the Blue program.
- Work with Blue teams globally to identify local options.
- Calculate the units of single-use plastic items removed from the waste stream as a result of Blue implementation.
- Help identify the best metrics to use to measure the success of the program and to integrate tools to help us gather that information as we grow the program.
- Manage Blue database of engaged and potential businesses.
General Administrative Responsibilities
- Be a point of contact with partners and clients, including: scheduling meetings, timelines, program implementation, reporting and tracking.
- Create and refine processes that help streamline Blue program development, communications, and impact strategy, and lead on execution.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Green Chemistry, Material Science, Business and/or other related fields.
- Effective time management skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage many projects at once, while maintaining schedules and managing program support.
- Self-motivated and comfortable being a member of a small but dynamic team.
- Resourceful, efficient, a good problem solver, organized, and the ability to work independently and remotely.
- Strong communications, copywriting skills, presentation skills, and attention to detail.
- Experience or willingness to learn Google Suite (Google Doc, Google Sheets, Google Drive), Slack, and Zoom meeting management.
- Willingness to travel when necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good sense of humor.
- Global mindset, genuine desire to create positive impact and inspire others to protect our ocean and our planet.
- Familiarity with global waste management infrastructure.
- Understanding of hospitality industry operational requirements.
- Expertise is excel/google sheets.
- Consulting experience.
Time, Location and Salary
- Full-time salaried position – 40 hours per week
- The benefits package includes 21 days paid time off
- Healthcare package
- Location: New York (remote part-time)
- Salary commensurate with experience
Please apply with a resume and cover letter. Please email your submission with the subject title “Blue Program Coordinator” to Zoe Reich, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Address New York, New York, United States
- Experience Level Entry-Level