Title: Chief Financial Officer, Sol Systems
Position Posting: Link here
Sol Systems is looking for a dedicated and motivated financial professional to serve as its Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and work with the Sol Executive Team to strategically scale the organization. The CFO will oversee the financial activities of the organization, institutionalize a financial infrastructure which supports strategy and growth, collaborate with Sol’s Risk Team to develop and deploy a risk adjusted return metric across the businesses, and enhance the financial strength and health of the organization across its multiple business lines.
Sol Systems is one of the most unique, and oldest, privately held companies in the renewable energy industry and is led by its primary founder and some of its earliest employees. Sol Systems was founded in 2008 based on a drive to solve complex problems in order to power and enable a more sustainable future. The Company provides integrated procurement and investment solutions for its corporate, municipal and institutional clients and customers to enable them to achieve their sustainability goals with impact. Sol’s has evolved into a national platform integrating multiple business lines including renewable energy development, infrastructure ownership and finance, environmental commodity and financial services, and customer service and asset management.
The Chief Financial Officer will directly oversee and manage Sol’s Financial Planning and Accounting Teams and Sol’s Risk and Research Teams. This role will also work with department heads across multiple types of business lines to manage our enterprise business strategy and growth. The Chief Financial Officer will report directly to the CEO.
Additional Duties/Responsibilities of the Chief Financial Officer:
- Oversees corporate accounting and shared services across multiple departments, business lines and subsidiaries.
- Identifies risks to the organization’s financial health and makes recommendations to align spend with business objectives.
- Analyzes revenue streams to enable data-driven decision making to support enterprise growth.
- Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
- Performs accounting due diligence of potential transactions and ensures seamless integration of acquisitions, financing and accounting requirements.
- Oversees FP&A deliverables comparing sales and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; makes or oversees any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
- Reviews planning process and suggests improvements to current methods.
- Analyzes operations to identify areas in need of investment, reorganization, downsizing, or elimination.
- Works with the executive team to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the planning process.
- Studies long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth in sales and market share.
- Identifies opportunities for expansion into new product areas.
- Oversees investment of funds and works with investment bankers to raise additional capital required for expansion.
- Runs ad hoc reports and sensitivities with relatively short turnaround times.
- Develops internal metrics and provides necessary support for the business decision-making.
- Leads a team of accounting professionals, providing them guidance and mentorship.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- 15 years of experience with Public Accounting/CPA or similar experience working with accounting in a CFO role
- Experience with energy infrastructure
- Experience with energy commodities, preferably environmental commodities
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple types of project financings.
- Knowledge of GAAP, proven technical skillset.
- A problem-solver with the vision and skillset necessary to advance organizational maturity.
- Demonstrated ability to compile and manage complex sets of financial data.
- Extremely organized with the ability to advance multiple projects within tight timelines.
- Strong collaboration, communication and relationship skills.
Commitment & Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. In addition, Sol Systems provides health insurance, retirement benefits, partial gym reimbursement, education benefits, parental leave, paid vacation, sick and federal holidays, and the opportunity to work in a unique and dynamic environment.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Deadline: We hope to hire for these positions immediately and will review applicants on a rolling basis.
- Address District of Columbia, United States
- Skillset Finance
- Experience Level 10+ years