Position Title: Climate Programs Manager, Second Nature
Position Posting: https://secondnature.hire.trakstar.com/jobs/fk0xfjr
The Climate Programs Manager is responsible for leading data analysis and program evaluation in support of Second Nature’s programs. Ideal candidates will have experience identifying trends in quantitative and qualitative data, translating and synthesizing data into useful forms for internal and external stakeholders, and developing and executing program evaluation to understand and improve the impact of Second Nature’s offerings. Experience with climate and sustainability data initiatives is preferred.
- Analyzing trends and assessing data reports from Second Nature’s membership on progress towards climate action goals
- Developing suggestions for program offerings based on quantitative and qualitative climate data collected by Second Nature and other organizational partners
- Designing evaluation plans, and data collection instruments for Second Nature staff to improve program effectiveness
- Translating data into forms useful for internal and external stakeholders to share the quality and impact of our initiatives
- Support planning, conducting and analyzing of program evaluation and assessment tools, including event and member surveys
- Project tracking and dashboard creation to ensure staff alignment on project and work-planning
Studies have shown that women, people of color, and other under-represented groups are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they are able to perform every task in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. Second Nature will consider any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, education and experience to meet minimum qualifications. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and skill set for the role.
- Degree or certificate in Program Design and Evaluation, Non-profit management, quantitative fields related to sustainability, climate change, environmental studies, OR a minimum 3-5 years of experience in program design and evaluation or non-profit management
- Intermediate to advanced excel/google sheets skills
- Demonstrated experience in program evaluation methods and delivery
- Experience with survey design, deployment, and analysis
- Experience translating technical information into broadly accessible resources
- Experience with project management software
- Experience with small, non-profit organizations
- Understanding/interest in the various types of higher education institutions are attempting to advance climate action
- Interest and commitment to Second Nature’s mission of accelerating climate action in, and through, higher education
- Curiosity and strong desire to learn from others through active listening
- Comfort initiating contact with new individuals and building new relationships
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to finding solutions and creating and continually improving systems
- Experience with remote content delivery and online communication platforms/web development a plus
- Familiarity with change management and/or implementing KPIs preferred.
This is a remote, 40 hour/week full-time salaried position. Compensation will be commensurate with experience within a range of $60,000-$75,000. A competitive benefits package is provided. Benefits include 80% organization paid health insurance, 3% retirement plan match and a $200 monthly work-from-home stipend.
Second Nature is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristics, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Second Nature is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Second Nature will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to taxation, the successful candidate must be a citizen of the United States of America.
Second Nature supports flexible work hours, but expects common hours of 10AM – 3 PM ET to maximize collaboration and efficiency.
Submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
Review of applications will begin on January 18, 2023.
Please direct questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salary $60,000-$75,000