Position Title: Communications and Marketing Manager, Second Nature
Position Posting: https://secondnature.hire.trakstar.com/jobs/fk02c5b
The Communications and Marketing Manager manages all communications and marketing efforts for Second Nature. Reporting to the Director of Communications and Marketing, this position is responsible for content (including digital) creation and implementation; the management of all aspects of Second Nature’s social media presence and website. This position also works across the organization (and with organizational partners when relevant) to ensure consistent, effective, and on brand communications and marketing support of all projects, programs and events. This position is expected to be comfortable working both independently and collaboratively with internal team members and external stakeholders, and be able to thrive and pivot priorities (when necessary) in a fast-paced environment.
General Communications and Marketing
- Develop and implement communications and marketing plans to effectively support and promote all Second Nature projects, programs, and events. This includes coordinating all communications activities and the timing of those activities for the organization.
- Write, edit, and distribute content such as newsletters, press releases, website pages, marketing emails, social media posts and campaigns, media kits, talking points, and more.
- Incorporate DEIAJ practices into all external and internal communications.
- Work directly with contracted website administrators, video editor, and graphic designer.
- Contribute to corporate/partner support by coordinating communications efforts
- Serve as the first point of contact for all media inquiries.
- Work with communications and marketing teams at the colleges and universities within the Second Nature network to promote recognition of their campus and community climate efforts and activities.
- Proofread and review resources (guides, white papers, etc) and external communications (one-pagers, partnership outreach documents, etc) to ensure clear and consistently branded communication.
- Track news outlets daily and report on relevant articles, stories, updates, and information.
Social Media and Website Management
- Manage all aspects of Second Nature’s social media presence (website, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube).
- Manage all website updates
Policy and Advocacy Communications
- Monitor and analyze climate policy trends and activities for relevant communications and marketing opportunities
- Work in collaboration with relevant organizational partners to amplify and participate in climate policy opportunities
Data and Analytics
- Work in collaboration with the Climate Programs Data Manager to monitor, report and present on online engagement analytics (web, email platform, social media).
- Leverage key metrics across platforms to optimize content, messaging, and distributions.
- Experience and/or degree in communications or marketing
- Exceptional communication abilities, including writing, speaking, and active listening.
- In-depth knowledge of best writing and messaging practices for external audiences, public relations, marketing copy, and social media.
- Professional understanding of changing demands and how to pivot priorities.
- Great project management skills, including time management, goal-setting, multitasking, and prioritization.
- Good analysis, strategic, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Advanced organization abilities and detail-oriented.
- Ability to make sound decisions, set timelines, and meet deadlines.
Studies have shown that women, people of color, and other under-represented groups are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they are able to perform every task in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. Second Nature will consider any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, education and experience to meet minimum qualifications. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and skill set for the role.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time (40 hours/week), salaried position. Compensation will be commensurate with experience within a range of $60,000 to $75,000. This position is fully remote with minimal travel requirements (1-2 times per year).
A competitive benefits package is provided. Benefits include 80% organization paid health insurance, 3% retirement plan match and a $200 monthly work-from-home stipend.
Second Nature is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristics, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Second Nature is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Second Nature will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
People from systemically minoritized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.
Review of applications will begin on January 18, 2023.
- Skillset Marketing
- Salary $60,000 to $75,000