Position Title: Communications Associate and Ruckelshaus Fellowship, Meridian Institute
Meridian Institute is seeking candidates for a Communications Associate. This position is part of our Ruckelshaus Fellowship Program, which provides an opportunity for early-career professionals to contribute to Meridian’s mission to help people collaborate to solve complex problems, make informed decisions, and implement solutions that improve lives, the environment, and the economy. The Communication Associate will support Meridian Institute in communicating how we advance collaborative problem solving on complex issues to broad audiences through various formats such as reports, research briefs, case studies, newsletters, social media, blog posts, and more. This position will support organization-wide communication projects and specific Meridian projects. The Fellowship is a two-year, full-time position assigned to either Meridian’s Dillon, CO or Washington, DC office. Remote work locations may also be considered. The Communications Associate and Fellow who is selected will begin work on July 1, 2022, or earlier.
About the Position
The Communications Associate will split their time between organization-wide communications needs and supporting project teams when specific communications needs arise. This position will involve a mix of written and visual communications, which can take many forms, including graphic design for reports, illustrations, short videos, case studies, and blog posts. Specific assignments will be refined depending on the organization’s needs in combination with the individual’s skillset and interests. Responsibilities include:
- Coordinating with the communications team to develop new communication content and execute communications projects. This may include new or updated content for the Meridian Institute website and social media channels highlighting project successes and sharing insights from our work.
- Developing independent projects that support Meridian Institute’s mission and advancing our position as a thought-leader on collaborative solutions.
- Drafting or designing various types of documents including meeting summaries, research reports, surveys, interview synthesis and takeaways, press releases, letters, slide decks, and more.
- Providing graphic design support and creating illustrations and infographics for project teams that can strengthen the visual communication of complex concepts.
- Supporting the preparation of grant proposals and grant reports, helping project teams effectively communicate with funders and prospective partners.
At Meridian Institute, we believe that we must do all that we can to protect the safety, health, and wellbeing of employees, clients, guests, our communities, and others with whom we interact. Therefore, all offers of employment in the U.S. where legally permitted are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to pass the pre-employment requirements. In circumstances where an applicant communicates that they are not able to be vaccinated for COVID‑19 because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance or because of a disability, then Meridian, in accordance with applicable law, will engage in the interactive process to determine if a reasonable accommodation is feasible that will not pose an undue hardship or create a direct threat to safety.
For more information, the full position announcement is available here.
How to Apply
Completed applications are due by 10 pm EST on Wednesday, May 25, 2022.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with interviews beginning in early June.
Apply using the Meridian Institute applicant portal. To be considered, applicants must submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter – 1 page. Drawing from your personal, professional, and academic experiences, please explain how you hope to contribute to Meridian as a Communications Associate and what you hope to gain from this opportunity.
- Resume – 1 page. Detail relevant education, training, experiences, and accomplishments.
- Work Samples – 1-2 communications specific examples. Please share a short professional writing sample (1-2 pages) and an example of your graphic design or another communications product. The writing sample could be a blog post, case study, or press release. The communications product could be a poster, video, website, infographic, podcast, social media work, or some other communications project. You are welcome to submit two separate examples or a single product that combines both writing and visual communications.
Please direct any additional questions about this position to Jennifer Brassanini (email@example.com) or Robyn Paulekas (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Meridian Institute complies fully with the relevant Disability Acts and Laws in local countries. If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Meridian Institute, please contact us at email@example.com.
At this time, Meridian Institute requires that all employees be fully vaccinated, including booster shots. In circumstances where an applicant communicates that he or she is not able to be vaccinated for COVID-19 because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance or because of a disability, then Meridian, in accordance with applicable law, will engage in the interactive process to determine if a reasonable accommodation is feasible that will not pose an undue hardship or create a direct threat to safety.
- Skillset Communications
- Salary $21.86 per hour, with set increases beginning the 2nd year.
- Experience Level Entry-Level