Title: Corporate Sustainability Rep, Principal: Environmental Justice, PG&E
Job Location: Bay Area, California but flexible
The successful candidate will drive visible engagement and initiatives on environmental justice, in support of PG&E’s Environmental Justice Policy. This includes working proactively to lead company efforts on environmental justice from an operational and policy perspective, working in coordination with a broader companywide effort to better address the needs of vulnerable communities. It includes developing policy positions, assisting with internal training development, and pursuing strategic partnerships through relationships with external stakeholders at the national, state, and local level. It also includes implementing best practices within our business to minimize environmental impacts to environmental and social justice communities in PG&E’s operations.
The successful candidate will have strong stakeholder relationships, demonstrated leadership and management skills, industry knowledge, and experience with environmental, energy, economic vitality, and other corporate sustainability issues and best practices. The individual will possess outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate complex issues to a range of audiences and constituencies. The individual will have strong organizational, creative, and strategic thinking skills. The successful candidate will also be able to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team and to manage multiple projects simultaneously and from conception to implementation. This position requires approximately 25 percent travel.
- Proactively develop and lead an environmental justice strategy to inform legislative and regulatory policies related to energy, climate change, and other environmental issues, working in coordination with a broader companywide effort to better address the needs of vulnerable communities.
- Actively engage with key external environmental justice stakeholders at the national, state, and local level on environmental justice policy issues and pursue strategic partnerships.
- Provide environmental and environmental justice consultation to support the company’s regulatory engagement on programs related to vulnerable communities, including design and implementation of programs such as the AB 617 Community Air Protection Program.
- Provide expert and strategic consultation to minimize environmental impacts to environmental and social justice communities in PG&E’s operations, including wildfire safety efforts, and to support the development of sustainable, resilient communities.
- Develop and conduct training for PG&E personnel on environmental and social justice considerations.
- Drive strategic initiatives on other key emerging sustainability issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least ten years of relevant work experience, to include at least five years in energy, environmental or environmental justice initiatives
- Master’s degree
- More than the minimum years of relevant work experience
- Prior utility industry experience
- Address San Francisco, California, United States
- Skillset Policy
- Experience Level 10+ years