Title: Development Analyst, Leyline Renewable Capital
Application Link: here
About the Role
Leyline Renewable Capital is seeking a hardworking individual with a passion to learn, grow and contribute to our project diligence and technical services. As a Development Analyst, you will evaluate renewable energy investment opportunities with a focus on development-stage risks to project success. As a qualified candidate, you will have demonstrated a high degree of curiosity, creativity, proactive mentality, and desire to work in sustainability and renewables through academic or professional experience.
The primary purpose of this position is to investigate and explain the risks of renewable energy project development, construction, and operation to support Leyline’s investment decisions.
About Leyline Renewable Capital
By providing essential capital earlier in a project’s life cycle than most other investors, Leyline Renewable Capital is changing the way renewable energy projects are developed and financed. We are a rapidly growing renewable energy finance company with an on-the-ground, real-world mindset. Our team includes experienced renewable energy development and finance experts who are motivated to accelerate the pace of green energy projects and reduce the world’s carbon footprint.
As a company made up of citizens concerned with equity and justice, we recognize that we cannot achieve our goals without a diverse, empowered team. Please see our Statement on Equity here. Instead of asking new team members to conform to our “culture”, we strive to offer candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process so that we can hire people who will continually transform our business and workplace culture.
- Communicating with project developers to gather information about prospective project investments
- Learning to review project materials such as site plans, design documents, contracts, spreadsheet models, and interconnection study reports, to identify risks to project success
- Contributing to risk summary documents to describe identified risks and potential risk mitigants to other members of Leyline’s deal team
- Maintaining internal file storage and databases to track key project documents and information, and milestones
- Supporting Leyline initiatives around emerging renewable energy markets based on new policy, initiatives to measure Leyline’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) impact and initiatives around personal/professional development
- Working with the Technical Services Director and other members of the Technical Services team to develop additional skillsets in project finance and renewable energy project development
The ideal candidate will meet the following minimum criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Team player who can manage multiple priorities and quickly adapt to rapidly changing deal and development demands
- High degree of curiosity, creativity, proactive mentality, and desire to work in entrepreneurial environment and join our mission to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Positive attitude, a willingness to ask questions, and a desire to learn new fields of work and stretch outside of your comfort zone
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Flexible work-life balance, including paid time off and parental leave, on a team that is engaged, creative and intensely focused on achieving impact and excellence
- 401(k) account planning, support, and participation, including employer match
- Ownership stake in the company, so that you directly benefit when the company succeeds
- Full medical and dental benefits with vision and family coverage available
- Team-based approach that provide direct support, mentoring, skill sharing and backup to each team member
- Start-up culture that values respect and curiosity with opportunity to develop skills, lead new ventures and contribute to the mission of reducing carbon emissions through renewable energy
- Continuing education requirements to maintain licensure and professional development opportunities paid for by company
- Address Durham, North Carolina, United States
- Skillset Finance
- Experience Level Entry-Level