Sol Systems is seeking a Director of Investments to lead project finance transactions within Sol’s industry leading distributed solar development team, Sol Customer Solutions. Sol Customer Solutions focuses on commercial & industrial customers as well as municipalities, universities, schools, and hospitals.
Sol Systems is a solar energy project development, environmental commodity, and financial services company with a national footprint and a diverse customer, investor, and partner base. We have financed or developed over $2 billion of solar energy assets to date. As a leading renewable energy developer, financier, trader and operator, Sol empowers entrepreneurs to have a meaningful impact on the world with a focus on catalyzing the development and operation of sustainable infrastructure.
- Manage the SCS Investments team (2-3 direct reports) with the primary goal of effectively monetizing development assets that are ready to enter construction
- Support the business development team in managing customer relationships and negotiating Power Purchase Agreements, Land Leases, and similar agreements
- Coordinate with the project development team to provide strategic advice and guide investment committee decisions
- Manage the monetization strategy for portfolios of projects
- Support the team as they lead project finance transactions to financial close, including direct negotiation with investors, project developers, EPC contractors, among others
- Present key information on project status and success to SCS management, investor partners, and other stakeholders
- Responsible for the review and refinement of financial models for solar and storage assets
- Utilize market knowledge to set the internal guidance for the valuation of solar assets and pricing for power purchase agreements
- Serve as the primary point of contact with investors and developing those relationships
The role may also include support of other Sol Customer Solutions teams, including direct negotiation with customers and hosts. This position requires a unique combination of intellectual capability, financial acumen, business development skills, and a desire to succeed.
Skills and qualifications
- 5 years or more experience in renewable energy project finance and the ability to understand models
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the financial trends in the solar industry
- Financial modeling acumen with the ability to extract key critical insights from model outputs
- Experience with completing business related proposals
- Ability to research complex matters and present in concise fashion
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative or business, or related fields
Location & Hours
This is a full-time role based in Washington, DC.
Commitment & Compensation
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. In addition, SCS team provides health insurance, retirement benefits, partial gym reimbursement, education benefits, parental leave, paid vacation, sick and federal holidays, and the opportunity to work in a unique and dynamic environment.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
We hope to hire for these positions immediately and will review applicants on a rolling basis.