Position Title: Donor Engagement and Events Manager, League of Conservation Voters
Location: San Francisco/Bay Area, CA; New York, NY; or Washington, DC
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
For more than 50 years, LCV has grown into a potent political force for protecting our planet and everyone who inhabits it. We have built a powerful national movement with 30 state affiliates, and grassroots and community organizing programs across the country.
LCV is hiring a Donor Engagement and Events Manager who will play a key role on the development marketing team to produce high-quality special events and donor engagement opportunities around the country. This position will be responsible for executing a robust events and engagement portfolio that increases individual support and engagement across annual fund and major donors. This position will be responsible for end-to-end execution of donor-focused fundraising, stewardship and cultivation programs throughout key regions. The Development department engages major donors for the LCV family of organizations including LCV, LCV Action Fund, LCV Victory Fund, and LCV Education Fund. The team works on special events, institutional gifts, individual direct solicitation as well as major donor mail, email and phone programs. The ideal candidate is highly organized, skilled in project management, able to work independently and collaboratively across teams, and committed to racial justice.
- In coordination with team members, manage end-to-end development, planning, management and execution of LCV’s major donor fundraising, stewardship and cultivation events, including regional luncheons and galas in Washington, DC, New York City, San Francisco and other key regions, including, but not limited to, site selection and contract negotiation, catering, A/V, volunteers, and participant experience. Staff regional events in-person, as needed.
- Project manage virtual and in-person regional salons in key markets, serving as main point of contact for host committees, event invitees, and speakers.
- Working with the Government Affairs team, create grasstops advocacy opportunities for donors, including managing advocacy training summit for major donors in Washington, DC.
- Working collaboratively with staff across the organization, drive the internal generation of specific program ideas and event content, including writing event programs and speaker briefings, and ensuring that messaging is accurately portraying LCV’s racial justice and equity work within our event programming.
- Work with the events team to ensure a diverse pool of speakers across all event programming.
- Work with the fundraising marketing team to plan marketing for events, including email, direct mail, mobile and social marketing, ensuring that materials reflect the organization’s values and commitment to racial justice and equity.
- Work with Swoogo event software, Salesforce donor database, and other internal databases.
- Implement event processes, standards, and measurements across all events, including working with the development data team to create and maintain systems around donor engagement tracking in the database.
- Support the Director of Donor Engagement in researching vendors who are led by historically underrepresented groups, including people of color, women, LGBTQ+ owned businesses.
- Prepare and align with event budgets, negotiation with vendors, and ensure payments and reconciliations take place in a timely manner.
- Develop staffing plans for all necessary events.
- Staff in-person and virtual events, including technical support for virtual events, and build strong relationships with Board of Directors, donors, speakers and vendors. Work with other development team members to ensure forms and event spaces are accessible to donors to the best of our ability.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work Experience: Required – Minimum of 4 years experience working on a fundraising team, including experience working on at least one large-scale gala event. Experience working in donor databases, coordinating projects and working with key stakeholders including major donors, board members, consultants, or organizational leadership. Preferred – Experience working with event software and the Salesforce database. Experience working with a 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), SuperPAC or PAC. Experience working in a nonprofit, political organization or campaign. Experience organizing data and lists, creating invitations and other marketing materials, coordinating virtual meetings or events using online platforms.
- Skills: Extremely well organized; strong written and oral communications skills, Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive. Ability to manage virtual events via Zoom. Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently. Attentive to details, and adept at developing and maintaining systems. Works well in a fast-paced environment and is able to multitask without sacrificing the quality of the work. Ability to work across teams and departments to achieve shared goals. Interest in issue advocacy or political work.
- Cultural Competence: Must share a commitment to advancing racial justice and equity and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. Familiarity with the complexity of issues and obstacles facing communities’ of color engagement in the environmental movement. Commitment to social change. Commitment to environmental protection, environmental justice and mission of LCV.
- Working Conditions: This job operates in a professional office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and audiovisual systems. This position is largely sedentary, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. The person in this position frequently communicates with donors and must be able to exchange accurate information. The person in the position will frequently be expected to move between sites, and must be able to occasionally move objects up to 20 pounds as part of event coordination. Able to work hours exceeding stated office hours, as needed; ability and willingness to travel up to 10% for in-person events as needed. This position is based in San Francisco, CA Bay Area, New York, NY, or Washington, DC. Applicants need to be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States. Please note that most LCV staff are currently working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic, through February 28, 2022.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Donor Engagement and Events Manager” in the subject line by January 16, 2022. No phone calls please.
- Skillset Communications
- Salary $68,884-$84,079
- Experience Level 2-5 years