Title: Executive Director, Opal Creek Ancient Forest Center
Position Posting: https://www.opalcreek.org/about/employment/
Opal Creek Ancient Forest Center is seeking its next Executive Director. This is your chance to shape and lead a treasured environmental access and education organization at a time of great renewal! Projected starting salary of $85,000-$95,000. We will begin reviewing applications on July 2, 2021.
For more job details and how to apply, see the Opal Creek Executive Director job announcement.
About Opal Creek Ancient Forest Center
At Opal Creek Ancient Forest Center, all of our work is based around one simple idea: people will protect what they care about, and they will care about what they know. Through our education programs, we bring youth and adults face-to-face with the outdoor places that make Oregon great—pristine mountain streams, uncut vistas, and old-growth forests.
Our base of operations—a historic off-grid mining town in the Opal Creek Wilderness—was decimated by wildfire in 2020. As we look to the future, please check back for new opportunities as we grow back our education programs, operations, and site needs.
- You pursue experiences in nature that enrich you.
- You are curious and always learning.
- You thrive on teams with diverse perspectives and identities, and you seek to understand differences.
- You embrace a challenge; you are open to and excited by the unpredictability that comes with rebuilding our site and programs.
- You strive to live light on the land.
- You honor history while seeking new approaches for the future.
- Address Portland, Oregon, United States
- Skillset Communications
- Salary $85,000-$95,000