Position Title: Global Climate Program Coordinator, EDF
Application Description: https://www.edf.org/jobs/program-coordinator-global-climate
With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
About the Program
For decades EDF has leveraged its economic, scientific, and political expertise to improve air quality and reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the United States, China, and around the world. With its growing economy and population and rising global influence, India has become central to meeting these global challenges. Since 2009, EDF has been collaborating with on-the-ground partners to support India’s shift to a prosperous, low-carbon trajectory. We implement innovative solutions that address the development challenges of today while reducing emissions into the future and cultivate strategic partnerships to enable us to scale up practices that deliver immediate, tangible benefits, such as cleaner air and stronger rural economies.
- Work with program management to coordinate, support, and track internal projects within the India team and extending to cross-programmatic and cross-departmental activities.
- Apply excellent organizational, communication, and planning skills by responding to requests for information, coordinating activities and projects for the team, and preparing correspondence and reports as needed.
- Administer contracts for consultants, including assistance in writing, processing contracts, and working with program staff and consultants to ensure the obligations of contracts are fulfilled and invoices are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Work with program management, program staff, finance staff and development staff to assist in developing annual budget submission.
- Review monthly reports of actual vs. budget results; investigate, analyze and explain variances from budget for income and expense line items; and advise program managers, program staff, and finance staff on trends and issues of concern.
- Maintain schedules and provide travel arrangements for program leadership (Associate Vice President and Senior Director at minimum).
- Oversee the administrative processes of the team, including expense reporting and invoice processing. Follow through with Finance staff to ensure these payments are made.
- Manage other administrative tasks associated with staff, consultants, and interns, including logistics, office needs, and telecommunications.
- Work with program staff to schedule meetings, develop and distribute agendas, take notes in meetings and track follow up.
- Maintain and update file libraries for team.
- Assist Program staff and other colleagues to better communicate and coordinate on joint projects.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required or master’s degree with 0 to 1 year of experience.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Creativity, energy, and the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Excellent management and administration skills.
- Experience in project management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work as a strong team player and ability to work independently and as a self-starter.
- Experience with budgeting.
- Ability to work independently, and successfully handle and prioritize diverse, simultaneous tasks.
- Ability and willingness to work with a global team across multiple time zones, including joining calls beyond normal business hours.
- Proficiency in the use of PCs and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Knowledge of or interest in India and/or environmental advocacy is preferred.
- Address New York City, New York, United States
- Skillset Policy
- Experience Level 2-5 years