Organization: Shenandoah National Park Trust
Point of Contact at Shenandoah National Park Trust: Chelsea Murray
Organization Address: 1750 Allied Street Suite CCharlottesville, VA 22903, (434) 293-2728
1. Community Engagement: Understand the dynamics of the communities and lands within the boundary of Shenandoah National Park, fostering relationships with park neighbors and property owners.
2. Research and Outreach: Conduct surveys and research of like-minded organizations, building consensus and a coalition around the importance of a healthy park boundary.
3. Educational Resources: Develop a “How to Be a Good Park Neighbor” resource guide for stewardship of adjacent private and public lands based on research and community outreach.
4. Fundraising: Engage in fundraising efforts to support the Good Neighbor Land Stewards Program. Collaborate with the Shenandoah National Park Trust team to identify and engage potential donors, partners, and sponsors who share our commitment to park preservation.
5. Land Stewardship: Assist in the development of processes and plans for land donations to Shenandoah National Park Trust from willing donors and sellers.