LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
For more than 50 years, LCV has grown into a potent political force for protecting our planet and everyone who inhabits it. We have built a powerful national movement with 30 state affiliates, and grassroots and community organizing programs across the country.
LCV is hiring a Government Affairs Administrative Associate who will work closely with the Senior Vice President of Government Affairs, the Vice President of Government Affairs and the Vice President of Political Affairs to ensure that the Government Affairs department runs effectively and efficiently. The Government Affairs Administrative Associate will be responsible for helping implement departmental priorities, such as organizing LCV’s Annual Lobby Day and producing the National Environmental Scorecard, as well as helping with scheduling meetings, research and providing general administrative support for department leadership. The ideal candidate is highly organized, has strong attention to detail, can handle multiple projects, is adept at relationship building and committed to advancing racial justice and equity as part of all of our efforts.
- Assist with the production of the National Environmental Scorecard and manage the recent votes section of the online scorecard.
- Schedule Hill and Administration meetings and manage central tracking of meeting outcomes.
- Coordinate logistics of LCV’s Annual Lobby Day, fly-ins and other department events.
- Provide general administrative support to department leadership, including filing check requests, scheduling and coordinating meetings and logistics, and assisting with key Board Committees.
- Help track and provide updates on department progress on meeting key goals.
- Help contribute to and track the department’s racial justice and equity work and help ensure an inclusive organizational culture.
- Travel up to 10% of the time for meetings and events, as well as staff retreats, meetings, conferences and professional development opportunities, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work Experience: Required- One year of relevant experience working in an administrative position; relevant internship experience will be considered. Experience tracking and submitting expenses. Preferred – Experience scheduling for a principal.
- Skills: Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills. Well-organized; hard-working; thorough and detail-oriented; able to manage multiple-tasks at once and work across departments to achieve shared goals; thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment; exhibits a professional demeanor and able to maintain confidentiality; demonstrated relationship building skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive.
- Cultural Competence: Demonstrated awareness of one’s own cultural identity, views about difference, and the ability to learn and build on varying cultural and community norms. A commitment to the complex understanding of racial justice and the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system. Commitment to equity and inclusion as organizational practice and culture.
- Working Conditions: This job operates in a professional office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and audiovisual systems. This position is largely sedentary, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. The person in this position frequently communicates with partners and elected representatives and must be able to exchange accurate information. Applicants need to be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States. LCV requires all employees working from our offices or participating in in-person meetings or events to be fully up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
LCV offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes vacation, sick and parental leave, personal days, paid holidays, health insurance (two plan options for staff to choose from), dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance (short- and long-term), Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) retirement plan with company matching contribution, commuter benefits program, sabbatical, and student loan assistance.
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Government Affairs Administrative Associate” in the subject line no later than . No phone calls please.