Position Title: Grants Management Associate- Pacific, the Campbell Foundation
Position Posting: https://www.campbellfoundation.org/jobs_gma/
Remote, but residing in California to accommodate occasional in-person meetings in the San Francisco Bay Area and regional travel.
The Grants Management Associate will work closely with the Chief of Staff to advance the Foundation’s objectives, primarily within the Pacific grants portfolio. Responsibilities include evaluating proposals, conducting due diligence, reviewing budgets and financial information, and building and maintaining internal and external relationships. This position plays a very important role in communications, including those between Foundation employees, grantees, and outside partners.
The Pacific Initiative focuses on actions that advance water quality and other environmental outcomes while supporting economically and socially healthy communities. The Grants Management Associate will support the evolving program of grants to organizations in the San Joaquin Valley that are working on implementation of the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) and access to clean drinking water.
The Pacific portfolio also includes a Capacity Building Program, helping to drive the evolution and viability of our grantees, as well as the Unsolicited Grants Cycle, a high volume grants cycle that is open to grant proposals for any type of program in any geography.
Our work culture is collaborative, and we welcome contributions, ideas and criticisms around our grantmaking. We actively solicit feedback from staff on all aspects of the process. This position can play an active role in improving grantmaking for practitioners in the field.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the terminology our grant documentation utilizes
- Use the grants management system to:
- Send out invitations to grantees to submit materials
- Process and track timely and complete submission of all grant materials
- Prepare Ready to Go Grants and Project Description Forms
- Process approved grants, to include editing and distribution of grant agreements, reporting guidelines, and all other associated tasks of the grant cycle
- Develop an understanding of current relationships with grantees
- Review and provide analysis of grants materials as directed
- Track, draft, and proofread grantee communications to provide feedback on materials
- Provide grantee portal support for Pacific grantees, in collaboration with Tech Specialist
- Participate in weekly Operations Team meetings to collaborate on improving the grantmaking and grant seeking process, and associated technology
- Track and summarize news of interest related to grantees and programmatic topics
- Maintain data integrity of the internal grants management systems
- Research contacts and prepare distribution lists for Requests for Proposals and other communications
Infrequent, only as needed for regional meetings, conferences or staff events
Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
A questionnaire/video submission, skills assessment, interview, proposal review, references and background/credit check will be required of candidates for this position. If candidates advance to the skills assessment stage, they will be compensated at a standard rate for time spent on submitting materials.
If you want to join an exceptional, focused family foundation as a Grants Management Associate, please apply here:
Link to Application
The Campbell Foundation offers exceptional benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid leave, and tuition and wellness reimbursement.
- Salary $70,000 per year/33.65 hourly