Point of Contact at OneEnergy: Laura Otto
Organization Address: 2003 Western Ave Seattle, WA 98121
Title: Manager, Engineering
Reports to: Director, Engineering
Reporting Location: Boulder, CO or Seattle, WA
Pay: $100,000-120,000 (depending on location and experience)
OneEnergy’s mission is to make clean energy the #1 source of electricity for consumers and utilities. We develop solar energy projects across the United States in community solar, distributed generation, and large utility scale project segments. Our diverse project pipeline, multiple locations across the US, and unique multidisciplined team sets us apart.
Summary Description or Position Objective:
The Manager, Engineering participates in and leads utility-scale photovoltaic power plant designs. The position is fast-paced, multidisciplinary, and requires a foundation in engineering and construction. This role activates highly developed technical skills and AutoCAD drafting capabilities in solar plant engineering and construction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading the detailed design for solar sites with a focus on the project’s electrical architecture.
- Optimizing sites for lowest Levelized Cost of Energy.
- Interpreting data, surveys, maps, plans, schematics, and satellite images to identify site constraints and exclusion areas.
- Maintaining intimate familiarity of utility-scale solar products and specifications.
- Performing energy production estimates using PVsyst or similar software for making efficient and prescient design decisions.
- Preparing appropriately detailed mechanical or electrical drawings to create streamlined communication with permitting agencies, contractors, and utilities.
- Negotiating and hiring of subcontractor/consultant services as need to achieve project requirements.
- Plan and implement project kickoff meetings and project completion meetings. Help to close the loop with Origination, Development, Delivery teams by providing continual feedback and support.
- Continually share knowledge with coworkers and managers to ensure project successes and failures are learned by all within the organization.
- Successfully navigate complex permitting and interconnection requirements with local authorities and utility companies for the success of the project.
- Developing specialty knowledge or skill sets to complement team’s capabilities
- Contributing to the engineering team’s growth in scope and volume.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Engineering or a related technical field. Advanced engineering experience and professional licenses are helpful but not required.
- Knowledge and background in the renewable energy industry.
- 2-4 years of hands-on experience with design of PV systems in a professional environment.
- Strong AutoCAD drafting skills with experience utilizing layers, blocks, coordinate systems, dimensioning and industry standards.
- Excellent understanding of AutoCAD, Google Earth, mapping/GIS software, PVSyst. Familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D a plus.
- Experience with Google Earth or other mapping/GIS tools, as well as use of online and public resources such as federal/state/county databases (e.g., to review land records and environmental factors that may affect project development) a plus.
- Understanding of Power-Flow models and capable of coordinating with external consultants completing the studies
- Capable of managing the design needs for a portfolio of projects
- A recent history of successfully building trust and respect in a symbiotic relationship.
- Must possess strong quantitative analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of integrity and organizational capacity to manage multiple projects.
- Strong track record of successful collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated with proven ability to take ownership, initiative, and accountability.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office/365 is a ‘must’, project management, and CRM software such as Salesforce a plus.
- Must have a “roll up your sleeves and let’s get the job done right” type attitude.
- Demonstrated qualities of integrity, credibility, and professional responsibility.
- A willingness to contribute to our culture which thrives on building trust and holding one another accountable.
- Ability to contribute to an amicable working environment with other associates and employees.
OneEnergy’s compensation packages are dependent on an array of factors including, but not limited to skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, geographic location, and other organizational needs. We provide generous Paid Time Off (six weeks/year) and an impactful Volunteer Time Off Program. We also offer robust employee benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, 401(k) matching retirement plan, life insurance, wellness incentives, and more.
We recognize an equitable energy transition requires the participation of diverse communities, groups, and institutions. OneEnergy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.