Position Title: Northeast Region Representative, National Association of Conservation Districts’
Location: This position is located in the Northeast Region (CT, DC, DE, MA, MD, ME, NJ, NH, NY, PA, RI, VT, WV), and reports to the Director of Government Affairs.
This full-time position is responsible for providing assistance to the National Association of Conservation Districts’ (NACD) member conservation districts and NACD Board of Directors to advance conservation, resource development and to assist in the implementation of the association’s policies related to the Northeast Region (CT, DC, DE, MA, MD, ME, NJ, NH, NY, PA, RI, VT, WV). This is a service-oriented position focused on creating and maintaining relationships and increasing the effectiveness of NACD’s support of conservation districts and their state associations.
Membership, Member Services, Partnerships
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with conservation districts, state associations of conservation districts and the state soil and water conservation agencies and federal agencies
- Provide assistance by developing and delivering two-way communication among Northeast Region state association leaders and NACD
- Keep current and informed about the status of district and state association activities and programs within the region
- Actively seek ways to strengthen state and district programs within the region.
- Facilitate an exchange of information, curriculum, tools and direct assistance
- Assist state associations to provide leadership to increase the effectiveness and overall capacity of conservation districts and state associations
- Help state leadership encourage conservation districts to actively engage in NACD
- Identify and deliver grant-related activities with regional members
- Carry out tasks of coordinating and implementing regional grant related activities related to specific national grants and cooperative agreements
- Support foundation committees and Resource Policy Groups as assigned
- Perform other tasks as assigned in support of NACD membership goals
Leadership Development and Governance/Region Support/Policy Development
- Furnish the region chair and region board members with necessary assistance to aid them in effectively discharging their duties and responsibilities
- Provide support and coordination for national and regional board meetings
- Coordinate program development and conduct NACD regional and leadership meetings
- Assist in the development of grassroots policy, facilitate exchange of information, engagement on grassroots advocacy efforts and inform policy discussions
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong knowledge of or experience with conservation districts
- Federal, state or territory agency experience preferred
- Positive member service attitude
- Basic knowledge of Northeast Region natural resource concerns, as well as conservation districts, NACD, their work and their customers
- Ability to assess policy initiatives for association leaders and membership, and ability to draft a variety of documents and communications
- Willingness to work as part of a team and to be responsive to membership
- Experience working with grants preferred
- Travel required
Send your resume, cover letter and two writing samples to the attention of NACD HR with ‘Northeast Region Representative’ in the subject line to email@example.com no later than Friday, May 28, 2021 to receive priority consideration.
- Skillset Advocacy