- Office management: The Operations Manager will be responsible for evaluating and obtaining the resources that an in-person office needs to operate smoothly, and ensure that these resources are consistently available. They will also manage a plan to keep the office functional and implement that plan either individually or with additional help from staff (i.e., a cleaning schedule, visitor greeting schedule, etc.). The Operations Manager, in conjunction with the COO, will be responsible for physically staffing the DC office.
- Contract management: Work with the COO and the fiscal sponsor’s contracting team to manage the contracting of outside vendors, including project management, initial contract review and assisting with payment follow-up
- Organization-wide software management: Manage ongoing support and operationalization of software tools; Conduct sourcing for new organizational software solutions; Ensure the adoption, implementation, and management of necessary technologies.
- IT management: Manage IT support with outside vendor and provide other assistance as needed for all staff;
- Expense tracking: Project and track Operations expenses, and code incurred expenses on a monthly basis.
- Climate Power-wide organization processes: Work with the COO and Chief of People and Culture to determine necessary organization-wide resources, processes and tools; work to build out, socialize and implement them within the organization.
- Staff onboarding: Work with Climate Power’s Chief of People and Culture, COO, and the organization’s fiscal sponsor to onboard staff completely and in a timely manner.
- Perform day-to-day administrative duties for the Operations team
- Other duties as requested
Requirements and Qualifications
- This position is located in Washington, DC and requires regular in-person attendance Climate Power’s office
- 4 years of work or relevant volunteer experience with a minimum of one year, or one election cycle, in an operations, finance, people operations, or other related role
- Must be a solutions oriented self starter
- Comfort operating in fast-paced, dynamic workplaces
- Experience managing technology for a remote organization
- Dedication to constructively working with staff when operations problems arise
- Commitment to educating colleagues and fostering adoption of new technologies
- Experience in electoral politics, issue advocacy or movement spaces is a plus
- Proficiency with Google Workspaces, Asana, Zoom and Slack is a plus
- Familiarity with contracts is a plus
Benefits and Compensation
- Address District of Columbia, United States
- Salary The salary range for this position starts at $75,000.
- Experience Level 2-5 years