Organization: Summit Ridge Energy
Organization Address: 1000 Wilson Blvd, #2400 Arlington, VA 22209
Summit Ridge Energy (“SRE”) is seeking a Paralegal to support the Legal Team in a variety of transactional matters relating to the acquisition, development, and financing of solar energy and battery storage projects throughout the US, including but not limited to, project acquisition diligence, project finance, general corporate matters and possibly matters related real estate.
Launched in 2017, Summit Ridge Energy is the nation’s leading commercial solar company. Through its strategic partnerships and project financing expertise, the company develops, acquires, owns, and operates energy projects within the rapidly growing commercial solar and battery storage sectors.
In the past six years, Summit Ridge Energy has deployed over $1.6B USD into clean energy assets. With a development pipeline of more than 2 GW, Summit Ridge Energy will have more than 400 MW of PV online by the end of 2023, providing solar power to 50,000 homes and businesses. Learn more at srenergy.com and connect with us on LinkedIn.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide transactional and organizational support to the Legal Team
- Prepare initial drafts of, and/or perform an initial review of, various transactional documents and agreements
- Assist with ordering, and reviewing, lien searches and certificates of good standing in a timely manner as part of our closing process
- Assist with providing corporate documents to opinion counsel
- Assist with transactional closings for various acquisitions and project financings, including but not limited to signature page coordination and closing set management
- Assist with drafting and/or reviewing Assignment and Assumption Agreements of various equipment and other intercompany transfers
- Monitor the closing calendar and request and follow up on closing deliverables
- Interface directly with Company’s financiers and their counsel on transactional and closing matters
Our ideal candidate will have
- A Paralegal Certificate or Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience as a paralegal in a Transactional and Corporate practice (law firm or in-house)
- Real Estate experience in title and survey matters is a plus but not required
- Knowledge in M&A, secured financings or other financial transactions including knowledge of, or familiarity with, closing mechanics and documentation
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
- A demonstrated ability to prioritize, juggle multiple assignments, function as part of a cohesive team, and to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Prior experience in acquisitions and financings in the renewable industry is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 Suite, SharePoint, and Adobe
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Summit Ridge Energy, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Occupational Health and Safety
SRE provides a workplace free from recognized hazards and complies with standards, rules, and regulations issued under the OSH Act.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, printers, scanners, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.