Title: Political Director, Evergreen
Application Link: https://www.evergreenaction.com/jobs/PoliticalDirector_Jan2021.pdf
Evergreen’s mission is to lead all-out mobilization of the federal government to defeat the climate crisis. The President and Congress must put bold climate action at the top of America’s agenda and create millions of jobs in a just and inclusive clean energy economy. We empower climate and community leaders, and advocate for policymakers to adopt the urgent climate and economic policies that science demands.
Evergreen seeks a full-time Political Director to lead the organization’s advocacy campaigns that will support policy development to build bold, detailed policies to decarbonize our economy and transition to 100% clean energy. The primary responsibilities will include crafting and executing advocacy campaigns, working with the policy team to develop and advocate for policy products that dovetail with the clean energy standards, federal investments, and prioritization of environmental justice approaches to federal climate policy. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successful advocacy campaigns, a working understanding of climate policy, and 5+ years experience working on federal climate policy or politics, ideally including Hill experience.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Develop and run Evergreen’s engagement program by coordinating with key stakeholders, elected leaders, and other key partners to develop policy and political partnerships to push Evergreen’s agenda. Manage and be a key contact to the advisory board.
- Manage advocacy campaigns to support the standards, investments, justice approach to federal climate policy.
- Build out a successful accountability program to be run alongside the federal legislative push for standards, investments and justice.
- Represent Evergreen in coalitions and tables across the climate movement.
- Lead Evergreen’s Congressional advocacy work
- Coordinate and participate in Evergreen’s policy development, advocacy and public education work plan, working with Evergreen’s senior policy advisors, advisory board, and other coalition partners.
- In addition to these specific job responsibilities, the staff member will perform other tasks as directed by the campaign director and executive council to help build Evergreen and accomplish its strategic goals.
- All New Venture Fund employees are required to keep time sheets
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Experience working in government, non-profit, or campaign setting is preferred
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team, under tight deadlines
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Self-motivated and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and see them through to completion
- Familiarity with federal climate policy and/or Hill experience is preferred
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Political Director” in the subject line. We will accept applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary: 6k -9k a month, depending on experience
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
Evergreen is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working
- Skillset Advocacy
- Salary 72,000-108,000
- Experience Level 5-10 years