Position Title: Press Secretary, Evergreen Action
Position Posting: https://www.evergreenaction.com/jobs/press-secretary
Evergreen is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as a Press Secretary. The Press Secretary will be responsible for press outreach, as well as writing talking points, press releases, speeches, memos, op-eds, and other communications materials. The ideal candidate will have significant experience developing relationships with reporters and working with press, including on-the-record experience, story pitching, rapid response and social media. Evergreen is looking to hire someone willing to jump in wherever necessary and think creatively on a fast-paced, nimble team. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional writer and communicator who cares deeply about the climate crisis and its solutions.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Drafting and editing press releases, memos, talking points, op-eds, and other materials as needed under tight deadlines;
- Developing relationship with national and climate press outlets and reporters;
- Proactively seeking out news opportunities and creative placement strategies as part of short- and long-term planning;
- Assisting in the development and implementation of earned media plans, building media events and garnering significant press coverage;
- Identifying and executing rapid-response opportunities for media engagement
- Partner with teams across the organization to bring dense climate policy to life for the press
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job so we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications as described
- At least 2 years of experience in campaigns, issue advocacy, or a related field
- High attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once.
- Highly motivated, a strong and fast writer, who is willing to pick up pieces of projects when needed as well as take ownership of projects and see them through to completion.
- Ability to work well with multiple teammates.
- Experienced coming up with story ideas and finding creative ways to drive press.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize tasks, learn quickly.
- On-the-record and/or media relations experience required. Experience with climate issues a significant plus.
- Strong passion for defeating climate change
- This is not an entry level position
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter by emailing email@example.com with “Press Secretary” in the subject. Deadline to apply is August 2, 2021.
- Skillset Policy
- Salary $62,000-$78,000
- Experience Level 2-5 years