Position Title: Procurement Manager, Ampliform
Position Posting: https://boards.greenhouse.io/ampliform/jobs/4092085005
As a Procurement Manager, you will report to the Senior Vice President, Engineering & Construction and will support Ampliform’ s engineering, procurement, and construction team. You will be responsible for developing procurement strategies to meet the goals of the organization, including leading commercial negotiations for solar and energy storage equipment and related power generation equipment as well as engineering & construction services in support of Ampliform’s development, engineering, and construction activities. Responsibilities include managing strategic supplier relationships, tracking supply chain requirements, negotiating, and administering critical supply agreements in support of Ampliform’s project needs.
- Lead commercial negotiations for power generation equipment supply contracts. Ensure that terms and conditions are in line with market expectations and align with all applicable project agreements including construction agreements and project sale agreements.
- Maintain existing commercial relationships with key equipment suppliers and endeavor to evaluate, establish, and cultivate new relationships with strategic suppliers
- Develop and manage supply contract post-execution to ensure all contractual obligations are met and fulfilled on-time and in accordance with project budget and requirements;
- Ensure effective transition and handoff of contracts to other teams;
- Develop and drive execution of procurement strategies, analysis, and performance measurement;
- Work effectively with others in the team to maintain and standardize project equipment & data;
- Develop and manage equipment supply contracts post-execution to ensure all contractual obligations are administered and fulfilled on-time and in accordance with budget and project requirements; ensure effective transition and handoff of contract activities to project management.
- Collaborate with engineering, construction, and operations teams to analyze procurement options and to assist in making equipment supply recommendations to best position for the portfolio’s pipeline of renewable energy projects
- Own the RFP process: preparing Request for Proposal packages, sending for bid, managing request for information docs, bid leveling, evaluation of all equipment supply bids, and recommendation for top vendor choices based on data.
- Analyze market trends and government/regulatory conditions and assess their impact on future activities to provide strategy recommendations to leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Finance, Supply Chain Management, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in procurement or related position
- Strong organizational, time management, and oral and written communication skills
- High attention to detail, self-starter and proactive
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality of work product
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, depending on the situation
- Ability to integrate procurement strategies and programs involving partnership, planning, sourcing, and quality
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in the renewable energy industry and solar energy in particular
- Field experience
Eligible for bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), unlimited paid time off, and other benefits in Ampliform’s highly competitive package
- Experience Level 2-5 years