Position Title: Program Coordinator, RAY Diversity Fellowship Programs
Position Posting: https://elpnet.org/about/work-with-us
The Roger Arliner Young RAY Diversity Fellowship Program aims to increase and facilitate conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy related career pathways for emerging leaders of color. The RAY Fellowship Program is a two year paid fellowship designed to equip recent college graduates with the tools, experiences, support, and community they need to become leaders in the conservation and clean energy sectors one that, in our visions of the future, fully represents, includes, and is led by the diverse communities, perspectives, and experiences of the United States.
RAY is managed by the Environmental Leadership Program ELP , whose mission is to support visionary, action oriented, and diverse leadership for a just and sustainable future. ELP aims to catalyze change by providing emerging leaders with the support and guidance they need to launch new endeavors, achieve new successes, and rise to new leadership positions. Since 2000, we have created a dynamic network of over 1,400 environmental and social change leaders across the U.S.
ELP values the contributions of people from equity seeking groups as a critical factor in our ability to meet our mission. We encourage applications from LGBTQ people, Indigenous peoples, people of color, low income earners and the unemployed, immigrants and refugees, people with disabilities, and other equity seeking groups. If you wish to self identify as belonging to an equity seeking group s , please feel free to indicate so in your cover letter.
The Program Coordinator will be expected to bring new ideas, strategies, revise their work on short and long term timelines, bring a commitment to continuous improvement and a culture of learning, care, and support of the RAY community. As a member of a remote distributed team, they will be expected to manage their own balanced work week based on the demands of the job and any relevant deadlines. This job will take place in a virtual office, with some in person work and travel. All in person programming is temporarily suspended due to COVID 19. However, when possible again, this role does require the ability to travel to multi day trainings, over the course of the year.
The Program Coordinator reports to the RAY Clean Energy Program Manager and will collaborate in the execution and planning of the RAY Fellowship Program, including leading the planning of cohort professional development webinars, coordination of social media platforms, community support, and monthly check ins with Fellows. The Program Coordinator will also support outreach and recruitment efforts, screening applications, and providing program development, and logistics support.
- Coordinate and host professional development opportunities, including guest speaker webinars and end of Fellowship Conservation Clean Energy conversations.
- Provide assistance in tracking external professional development opportunities outside of ELP efforts, programs, and community.
- Update the RAY programming calendar of Fellowship activities and content as needed.
- Support in coordinating and co facilitating annual Orientation Retreat.
- Develop programming and opportunities for RAY Senior Fellows to engage in, give back to, and help build the community and Fellowship include quarterly community calls, happy hours, and virtual bonding nights.
Recruitment Selection and Onboarding Management
- Coordinate Fellow recruitment participate in the selection process, which includes reviewing and posting job descriptions online, researching schools, institutions, posting Fellowship positions on social media, reviewing applications, selecting interview candidates, arranging virtual interviews, and managing interview panels.
- Onboard Fellows to the RAY Fellowship and community, which includes revising orientation curriculum, co leading orientation retreats, developing and sharing digital onboarding documents.
- Regular management and maintenance of RAY website and virtual platforms.
- Manage social media content and accounts Facebook, Instagram, Twitter for the Fellowship including events, professional development opportunities, and social media takeovers.
- Develop and distribute quarterly or semi annual newsletters.
- Create graphics and social media content for RAY Fellowship events.
- Troubleshoot professional challenges and workshop solutions during monthly check ins with Fellows.
- Support mentorship matching in ELP s Mentorship Program.
- Support Fellows to develop a Personal Leadership Plan.
- Share professional development opportunities and networking opportunities with fellows.
Who Should Apply
We are looking for applicants that are:
- Energetic, innovative, creative, and self motivated, with an attention to detail.
- Dedicated to continuous improvement and a culture of learning, care, and support.
- Committed to developing interpersonal skills: empathy, grace, flexibility, patience, and collaboration.
- Passionate about social justice, environmental justice, and/or climate justice principles and priorities that are interested in facilitating and working with racial justice initiatives.
- Interested and able to work effectively with a remote, distributed team.
That have experience in some of the following:
- Building trust with individuals from diverse backgrounds, particularly early career professionals from underrepresented backgrounds.
- Peer mentorship or similar coaching support.
- Cultivating community across identity differences and across geographies.
- Networking and establishing relationships in person, by phone, and by email.
- Working cooperatively with a wide range of personalities.
- Using cloud based collaborative software: Microsoft Office products, Google Docs, Dropbox, Email Marketing, etc.
- Managing relationships in Salesforce CRM.
- Using online convening tools to build online communities, facilitate webinars/trainings.
Hiring Process and Timeline
- To be considered, please submit your résumé and cover letter through our Application Page.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a priority date of October 22, 2021.
- The first round of interviews will be 30 minutes in length, via phone.
- Finalists will be invited to a second round virtual one hour interview with multiple members of our team. If you are invited for a second round interview, we may ask for work samples relevant to this position.
- The intended start date of this position is December 1st, 2021.
- Skillset Communications
- Salary $45,000 to $48,000
- Experience Level 2-5 years