Point of Contact at OneEnergy: Laura Otto
Organization Address: 1023 Walnut Street, Suite 100 Boulder, CO 80302
Job Title: Project Manager
Department: Project Delivery
Reports to: Head of Delivery
Location: Boulder, CO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pay: $95,000-$125,000 (depending on experience and location)
OneEnergy’s mission is to make clean energy the #1 source of electricity for consumers and utilities. We develop and deliver solar energy projects across the United States in community solar and utility-scale project segments. This is a unique opportunity because of our diverse project pipeline, our passionate multidisciplinary team, and our continuous career growth opportunities.
Our hiring philosophy includes the conviction that diverse backgrounds bring great value. As a team, we harness our optimistic entrepreneurial spirit and foster camaraderie every day. This is what has grown OneEnergy into a remarkable company and a solar industry leader.
We are seeking a Project Manager for our utility-scale and community-scale solar energy construction projects in North America. The Project Manager will directly report to the Director of Delivery. This position will have the overall responsibility for the execution of projects, starting with the engineering and procurement phase and leading up to commercial operation. The Project Manager may have a team of project support functions including a site construction manager to support them in the execution of the work.
- Supporting preconstruction efforts by securing labor and material price quotes, estimates, and bids.
- Managing multiple projects with competing deadlines and resources. The role works cohesively and collaboratively across companywide functional teams including development, engineering, accounting, and legal.
- Leading EPC procurement efforts from preparation of technical exhibits to EPC contract negotiations and award.
- Reviewing construction requirements during the bid/proposal process and provide scope, budget, and schedule details as needed, on time and within budget for each project.
- Screening potential subcontractors, vendors, and material suppliers per OneEnergy standards giving special attention to safety, value, and quality.
- Managing and administering all aspects of the EPC, material, and equipment supply contracts. Pro-actively manage relationship with contractor as owner’s representative and execute all contractual requirements in accordance with the safety, quality, schedule, reporting, and other contractual requirements.
- Ensuring OneEnergy Renewables and subcontractors’ compliance with all permits and laws, and mitigation measures on the project. Maintain high level contact with permitting officials. Provide input/ insight on the permitting with focus on the construction related permits, but also providing support and guidance on the non-discretionary permits.
- Providing steady and reliable communication with contractors, customers, and internal team while also managing schedules, budgets, material deliveries, and contractors.
- Managing overall project budget and expenses for delivering profit margins at or above expectations.
- Ensuring compliance and implementation of safety and quality assurance plans, by all personnel, subcontractors, authorities per HSE and QAQC plan for the projects.
- Assisting in the negotiations and execution of interconnection agreements and power purchase agreements. Coordinating with the electrical transmission authorities and other interconnection parties and manage the execution of the work to successfully achieve interconnection with the grid and meet the requirement of the agreements.
- Creating and fostering continuous improvement between internal teams, utilizing tools, and following company process where directed.
- Engaging with the various project stakeholders as OneEnergy’s primary contact for the project duration.
- Leading weekly and/or monthly project management meetings to effectively communicate project progress and expectations to all stakeholders in a timely and clear manner.
- Providing hands-on leadership with cost estimates and delivery strategy for future projects.
- Reporting to management regularly on the progress of the Project (Monthly Report, Weekly Updates, etc.) and inform stakeholders at the functional level.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Construction Management or Engineering.
- Minimum 4 years of engineering, construction and/or technical project management experience; solar engineering or construction experience preferred.
- PMP Certification is preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of success in project management in renewable energy or related field.
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of integrity and organizational capacity to manage multiple projects.
- A proven ability to provide efficient, timely, and reliable service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with Substations and Interconnection requirements.
- Experience with EPC contracts from ground up.
- Advanced knowledge of safety and relevant OSHA requirements and regulations.
- Experience managing projects to achieve positive cash flow. Understanding of financial models and management of budgeting cash flow. Experience with Sage accounting or other accounting / project management software system is preferred.
- High degree of time management and organizational skills resulting in the ability to prioritize/manage multiple projects at various stages of delivery.
- Strong quantitative analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure and stress while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
- Excellent PC computer skills and familiarity with MS Office and Windows, as well as project scheduling software such as MS Project or Primavera.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record. Position requires frequent travel, up to 1-2 weeks per month or about 25-30% of working time.
- Ability to contribute to an amicable working environment with other associates and employees.
- A “roll up your sleeves and let’s get the job done right” type attitude.
OneEnergy’s compensation packages are dependent on an array of factors including, but not limited to skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, geographic location, and other organizational needs. We provide generous Paid Time Off (six weeks/year) and an impactful Volunteer Time Off Program. We also offer robust employee benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, 401(k) matching retirement plan, life insurance, wellness incentives, and more.
We recognize an equitable energy transition requires the participation of diverse communities, groups, and institutions. OneEnergy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants based on actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.