Position Title: Recruitment Coordinator, League of Conservation Voters (LCV)
Position Posting: https://www.lcv.org/careers/lcv-job-openings/recruitment-coordinator/
Location: Flexible (the employee may decide whether to work remotely or from an LCV office)
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
For more than 50 years, LCV has grown into a potent political force for protecting our planet and everyone who inhabits it. We have built a powerful national movement with 30 state affiliates, and grassroots and community organizing programs across the country.
LCV is hiring a Recruitment Coordinator to support the recruitment and hiring programs for LCV and LCVEF. Working with the Director of Recruitment, this role will be responsible for assisting all administrative and department support functions of recruitment and talent sourcing including, but not limited to: managing the transition, training and support of our Applicant Tracking System (ATS) ClearCompany; providing support and coaching of hiring committees and coordinating hiring committee trainings; monitoring hiring committee compliance against hiring process standards; managing posting accounts and postings externally, internally and on our websites; and hiring administration.
- Assist in the creation of job descriptions for new and vacant positions, working with the Director of Recruitment to ensure that all job descriptions reflect racial justice and equity responsibilities.
- Post job vacancy announcements on various job posting sites, list servs, and other relevant sources, including outreach that is focused on historically underrepresented groups.
- Research new recruitment strategies and sources for active and passive candidate recruitment.
- Support the Director of Recruitment in building out our networks of qualified candidates.
- Manage the LCV Careers and LCV Staff pages on the website, updating staff changes and job vacancies.
- Manage a recruitment database in the Applicant Tracking System to be able to identify qualified candidates in advance of the need.
- Work with the Director of Recruitment to develop employer branding messaging and tools around the organization’s mission, values and commitment to racial justice and equity.
- Work with the Director of Recruitment on the internship program.
- Manage and track recruitment and internship budgets.
- Manage the distribution of job applications received via the HR email inbox.
- Work within the Applicant Tracking System to set up job requisitions and related materials.
- Provide support for hiring committees, including scheduling and preparation of materials.
- Assist in screening resumes, conducting phone screens, in-person interviews, reference checks and background checks, as needed. Follow up with candidates to complete job applicant questionnaire, as needed.
- Support the Director of Recruitment in updating policies, procedures, and materials related to recruitment, hiring and retention.
- Attend college recruitment fairs, develop relationships with colleges and universities to aid in recruiting, including Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSIs), Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institutions (AANAPISIs) and Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs).
- Provide support to the Human Resources & Administration department, as needed.
- Support strategic initiatives around internal operations.
- Travel up to 10% for recruitment opportunities, staff retreats, meetings, conferences and professional development opportunities, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work Experience: Required – Minimum of two years’ experience in human resources, recruiting or related work. Experience with project management. Experience working with a database. Experience developing user guides and other training materials. Preferred – Experience working with an Applicant Tracking System. Experience working with the ClearCompany Applicant Tracking System is a plus.
- Skills: General knowledge of various employment laws and practices; well-organized; thorough & detail-oriented; effective oral and written communication skills; able to manage multiple tasks at once; ability to work across departments and foster teamwork; proven ability to maintain confidential information. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive.
- Cultural Competence: Shares our commitment to integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. Commitment to equity and inclusion as organizational practice and culture. Understands how environmental issues intersect with racism, economic and social inequality in the U.S. and has a passion for working to dismantle these systems.
- Working Conditions: This job operates in a professional office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and audiovisual systems. This position is largely sedentary, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. The person in this position frequently communicates with prospective candidates and must be able to exchange accurate information. Applicants need to be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States. LCV requires all employees working from our offices or participating in in-person meetings or events to be fully up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Recruitment Coordinator” in the subject line by July 4, 2022. No phone calls please.
- Salary $55,784-$65,439
- Experience Level 2-5 years