Title: Sales Analyst, Empower Energies
About the Job
Empower Energies is a growing C&I renewable project developer, owner, and operator led by a seasoned management team, backed by climate oriented institutional investors, and working with leading companies to improve the renewable energy independence of our customers and communities. Our mission is to generate innovative renewable solutions and build a sustainable company that attracts, inspires, develops, and retains the next generation of renewable energy leaders.
At Empower we utilize a flexible approach to expanding the renewable energy market. We design and develop projects from start to finish and we also work with other developers to add value at any stage of their project development cycle – from co-development to acquisition. We work with many of the leading Fortune 500’s to build out their on-site generation fleets and manage their renewable Programs. We also serve businesses and communities with off-site clean energy from our growing portfolio of community solar projects.
Our vision is to empower leading businesses and communities in driving America’s shift to a modern economy – powered by affordable and reliable renewable energy.
We are seeking an entry-level Sales Analyst with a passion for working in the renewable energy industry. This individual will support the sales team’s annual goals through market research, energy analytics, internal team and process coordination, proposal development, record keeping and system reporting, and marketing support. The Analyst coordinates sales activities across departments to ensure smooth delivery of client proposals and provides general sales support. This position is an excellent entry point for aspiring renewable energy professionals.
- Research state and federal renewable policies and understand how they shape specific renewable energy projects
- Maintain a database of rapidly evolving policies and market trends impacting the Company’s core business and share important developments with the team
- Perform energy analytics to understand clients’ energy use and billing structure
- Perform cross-departmental coordination on all aspects of a potential renewable energy deal
- Using specialty software tools, calculate the financial and environmental benefit of renewable energy for clients
- Lead the initial screening of public RFPs for the Company
- Run the RFP response process to gather needed information from internal staff
- Create early proposal drafts setting up the response requirements
- Coordinate proposal creation in tandem with other departments including operations and finance
- Serve as liaison to outside marketing firm on select marketing projects
- Represent the Company at occasional industry events and meetings
- Prepare regular sales reports using internal and external data
- Maintain accurate records in the Company’s sales/project tracking system
- Compile, track, and report project details to inform pipeline forecasting
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, with focus on business, policy, sustainability, or STEM subjects
- Acumen with Microsoft Office applications with focus on PowerPoint and Excel
- Aptitude with web and social media platforms, interest in social media marketing a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally for conferences or business meetings
- Ability and willingness to work outside of normal business hours during critical deadline periods
- Advanced problem-solving and analysis skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- High level of organization and detail-orientation
- A background in sales or business development is a plus, but not a requirement
Other Key Competencies
- Strong desire to gain knowledge about the solar/renewable energy industry
- Proven team player with ability to solve problems and proactively raise potential concerns or issues
- Comfort with delivery of informational presentations
- Excellent time management
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take initiative
Empower Energies offers an attractive Total Rewards package including:
- Competitive base salaries commensurate with experience
- Employee equity participation
- Annual cash bonuses
- Generous paid leave
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance including coverage for domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children
- Company HSA contribution for participating employees
- 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
- Continuing education and professional development assistance
This position is based out of Empower’s home office in the heart of downtown Bethesda, MD, with flexibility to telework as appropriate. Located at Bethesda’s Metro center, the office is easily accessible by commuter train, and includes onsite parking, EV charging, and secure bicycle storage. It is also easily accessible to the Capital Crescent bike/walk trail. The building offers amenities such as a fitness center, rooftop employee lounge with outdoor deck, periodic social events onsite, and other tenant benefits.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to: Jobs@empowerenergies.com or through this LinkedIn posting.
- Address Bethesda, Maryland, United States
- Skillset Marketing
- Experience Level Entry-Level