Position Title: Salesforce Database Manager, League of Conservation Voters (LCV)
Position Posting: https://www.lcv.org/careers/lcv-job-openings/database-manager/
Location: Flexible (the employee may decide whether to work remotely or from an LCV office)
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
For more than 50 years, LCV has grown into a potent political force for protecting our planet and everyone who inhabits it. We have built a powerful national movement with 30 state affiliates, and grassroots and community organizing programs across the country.
LCV is hiring a Database Manager who will support the Senior Director of Fundraising Data and Operations in maintaining and managing LCV’s Salesforce database and ensuring the integrity of its data. This position will take the lead in conducting fine-grained tasks to improve the functionality and intuitiveness of the database. This role will support a large Development department in their use of Salesforce. The Database Manager will also work with other software systems used by the fundraising team. This role is a great opportunity for someone who has experience with the backend of Salesforce and is looking to take the next step to becoming a Salesforce administrator.
- Document and maintain consistent procedures for data input to ensure accurate data.
- Create processes for training and onboarding new users to Salesforce.
- Develop strategies for monitoring and maintaining the completeness and accuracy of records.
- Perform routine data integrity tasks, including mass updating contact record fields and mass merging duplicate accounts.
- Analyze and pinpoint sources of data anomalies within Salesforce.
- Maintain and develop user interfaces such as custom fields, workflow and validation rules, and page layouts in Salesforce.
- Support Senior Data Director in a variety of advanced reporting tasks using Salesforce reports, SQL, and Tableau.
- Assist Senior Data Director with the maintenance of third-party integrations with Salesforce, including EveryAction, Acoustic, Swoogo and Capitol Canary (formerly Phone2Action).
- Work with third party tools to maintain accurate demographic data that enhances LCV’s ongoing work on analyzing and expanding the racial diversity of the donor and activist base.
- Maintain users, profiles, and public groups in Salesforce.
- Optimize functionality of databases by staying up-to-date on future improvements and by researching applications to identify possible areas of innovation.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Travel up to 20% for staff retreats, trainings, and conferences.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work Experience: Required – At least 4 years of experience working with Salesforce, with at least 2 years experience as an advanced user or administrator. Familiarity with both Salesforce Lightning and Classic. Preferred – Experience in a non-profit or political organization. Certified Salesforce Administrator.
- Skills: Required – Strong database management skills. High level of proficiency in Excel. Attentive to details, and adept at maintaining systems for easy access to information and data. Ability to document and communicate technical information to a non-technical audience. Ability to create fields, manage profile administration and familiarity with workflows and/or Process Builder. Solid judgment; critical thinking skills; a sense of teamwork and community; ability to handle multiple tasks and work for several people; highly organized. Preferred – Experience with SQL, Tableau, Civis and data integrations.
- Cultural Competence: Demonstrated awareness of one’s own cultural identity, views about difference, and the ability to learn and build on varying cultural and community norms. Commitment to equity and inclusion as organizational practice and culture. Understands how environmental issues intersect with racism, economic and social inequality in the U.S. and has a passion for working to dismantle these systems.
- Working Conditions: This job operates in a professional office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and audiovisual systems. This position is largely sedentary, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. The person in this position frequently communicates with partners and must be able to exchange accurate information. Must be willing and able to occasionally work beyond scheduled office hours, as needed. Applicants need to be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States. LCV requires all employees working from our offices or participating in in-person meetings or events to be fully up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Database Manager” in the subject line by June 20, 2022. No phone calls please.
- Salary $72,328 – $88,283
- Experience Level 2-5 years