Position Title: Senior Analyst – Investment, Cypress Creek Renewables
Position Posting: https://ccrenew.com/careers/?gh_jid=3386919
Cypress Creek Renewables is powering a sustainable future, one project at a time. We develop, finance, own and operate utility-scale and distributed solar and storage projects across the country. Fostering a diverse group of innovative thinkers from all backgrounds, Cypress people are drawn to work in a purpose-driven organization. We hope you will join us.
Cypress Creek Renewables is seeking a talented and highly motivated Senior Analyst to support the Investment Analytics group. This group supports project valuation, risk management, and investment decisions throughout the solar development lifecycle. This role will provide an opportunity to gain experience in solar and battery storage development & strategy, project finance, and power markets in an exciting, high-growth environment with a leading national renewable energy developer.
This role will be remote until we return to office expected this fall, and based out of our Santa Monica, CA office following.
The Senior Analyst will report to the Manager, Investment Analytics, and support the group through functions including:
- Solar and storage asset valuation and project finance modeling, including expected project value and forecasted capital sources including project debt and tax equity
- Support of development strategy and market entry, including identification of project sensitivities and key drivers of project value
- Portfolio valuation and solar development pipeline analysis
- Development of investment recommendation memos evaluating project risk & return profiles
- Development of analytics tools including financial models, process improvements, and reporting metrics
- Market research, competitive analysis, and power markets forecasting analysis
- Transaction support for project financings and asset acquisitions & sales
This is a highly visible role with an opportunity to learn new skills, rapidly develop a career in the renewable energy sector, and earn highly competitive pay with inclusive benefits.
- BA/BS degree, Economics, Finance, or Business-focused major a plus
- 1 – 2 years finance experience preferred, but not required (investment banking, project finance, or corporate M&A experience is a plus)
- Demonstrated understanding of financial modeling and discounted cash flow valuation concepts
- Solar or renewable energy experience a plus, including demonstrated interest in renewable energy and energy infrastructure through prior work experience, academic, or extracurricular engagement
- Exceptional Excel and PowerPoint skills, and demonstrated skill working with unstructured datasets
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and accountability
- Organized, diligent, and able to manage multiple streams of information on an ongoing basis
- Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Embrace and live by the mission and values of Cypress Creek Renewables
- Located or able to relocate to Santa Monica, CA upon office reopening
Please submit your resume and application here including cover letter reflecting your interest and addressing the following prompts:
- How your prior experience has prepared you for this role
- Your prior work with Excel modeling and exposure to project finance valuation concepts
- Address Santa Monica, California, United States
- Skillset Finance
- Experience Level 2-5 years