Position Title: Senior Assistant – EDF+Business, EDF
Position Posting: https://www.edf.org/jobs/senior-assistant-edfbusiness
Locations: San Francisco or Washington, D.C
With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
EDF+Business is working to create a more sustainable world where companies, communities, and the environment thrive. We’re making it happen by forging unexpected partnerships that catalyze environmental leadership and collaboration across companies and supply chains. Our team has been at the forefront of this transformation for +25 years, bringing cutting-edge science, policy, and economic expertise to high-impact companies to transform business as usual in their products, operations, and advocacy.
The Senior Assistant provides critical administrative and program support to the EDF+Business team as well as support for projects that are recipients of EDF’s Innovation Fund awards. The Senior Assistant will contribute to a wide range of program activities including scheduling and expense reporting, meeting and event logistics, performing research, and coordinating activities across multiple projects, teams and time zones. The Senior Assistant will report to the AVP, EDF+Business.
This is a fixed term contract job for one year.
- Provide administrative support, including scheduling, meeting coordination and travel, for the AVP, EDF+Business; Managing Director, EDF+Business; and Senior Manager, EDF Innovation Fund
- Assist with planning and logistics of team meetings and events, including coordinating and scheduling meetings with external partners.
- Attend internal and external meetings and document and track key takeaways and next steps.
- Assist with research and analysis related to key program goals.
- Process monthly expense reports for the AVP, Managing Director, Senior Manager, and other senior staff as required.
- Administer and help facilitate contracts for consultants and other vendors.
- Process consultant and vendor invoices.
- Assist with tracking project expenses against budget.
- Maintain well-organized and accessible documents.
- Support staff in documenting their relationship management activities in Salesforce.com.
- Apply excellent organizational, communication and planning skills in preparing written products, responding to information requests, and helping coordinate and track activities among staff members.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Additional relevant responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma and at least 4 years of work experience in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment; or
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communications ability.
- Strong research skills.
- Ability to work independently while coordinating with multiple teams in different time zones.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Proficiency in the use of PCs and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Interest in environmental advocacy is preferred.
- Skillset Research
- Experience Level 2-5 years