We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Energy Transition Overview
The goal of EDF’s Energy Transition Team is to bend the curve on global greenhouse gas emissions from fossil fuel production and use by 2030, cleanly and equitably. We will achieve this through a defined set of strategies targeted at 1) reducing emissions from fossil fuel production, delivery, and use, and 2) reducing demand for fossil fuels in power generation, transportation, buildings, and industry. To achieve this goal, we seek reforms in law, regulation, and/or business practice through a mix of strategic corporate partnerships, direct engagement with policymakers, and mobilizing investor and public sentiment in favor of change. In formulating and achieving our strategies, we will work in close collaboration with EDF regions, draw on cutting-edge science and rigorous economic and financial analysis, and act on principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion to develop durable solutions.
The Senior Assistant, Energy Transition provides key administrative support to the Executive Assistant, as well as the Senior Vice President, Energy Transition and the Vice President, Energy Transition. The Senior Assistant will work to develop and implement efficient protocols for project tracking, scheduling, correspondence, meeting and event planning, and processing expenses and invoices. The Senior Assistant reports to the Executive Assistant.
This position is a hybrid position; must be willing to work out of NY office once per week or as needed.
- Manages calendars and organize meetings, conference calls, and video conferences for the SVP and VP in collaboration with the Executive Assistant.
- Assists in managing speaking engagement and conference attendance logistics.
- Processes expense reports and submit program-related invoices.
- Maintains well-organized and accessible electronic files.
- Prepare written products, respond to information requests, and help coordinate and track activities and projects among staff members.
- Attends meetings and document/track key takeaways, next steps, and resource or research needs.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Additional relevant responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- At least 4 years of administrative work experience in fast-paced, detail-oriented environment required. A Bachelor’s degree may substitute for up to 2 years.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Research-savvy and resourceful.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as this job requires frequent interaction with diverse individuals including board trustees, funders, and external partners.
- Ability to create strong professional relationships, both inside and outside the organization, and represent the program in the most effective and gracious manner.
- Must be adaptable, have meticulous attention to detail, and possess advanced organizational abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, and successfully handle and prioritize diverse, simultaneous tasks within established timelines.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Non-profit experience and an interest in environmental advocacy is preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of PCs and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.).
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 47,500 – 53,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.