Point of Contact at Microsoft: Nur Bernhardt
Microsoft Cloud Operations & Innovation seeks a new (Senior) Energy Program Manager, focused on the APAC region (Asia Pacific).
The candidate will manage a portfolio of activities to optimize and execute opportunities in datacenter energy supply and technology to realize the three important business goals: timely availability, cost optimization, and achievement of sustainability targets (incl. Renewables and Carbon-Free Energy goals)
Candidate must demonstrate prior working experience and in-depth knowledge in supporting power interconnection strategy, negotiation of various energy contracts, regulatory and policy requirements – across both regulated and deregulated markets, new technology applications and leveraging Microsoft unique position in the market.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Lead datacenter interconnection agreement, power purchase agreement and/or energy supply contract development with utilities and third-party energy suppliers in support of Microsoft’s datacenter businesses in the APAC and its availability, cost, and sustainability objectives
- Lead and partner analysis of energy industry trends, market policy and regulations – including its direct and indirect impact to Microsoft and other stakeholders
- Lead and partner with globally distributed internal stakeholders on site selection and energy project development, e.g. distributed energy, renewables, carbon-free energy – including development of internal business cases and portfolio management tools
- Work collaboratively with external vendors and consultants on regional market research.
- Build relationships + work collaboratively with external suppliers and partners, particularly electric utilities, local and regional regulatory agencies, customers, and energy technology providers.
- Business travel required (up to 25%, subject to fluctuation with business tempo).
- MBA/post-graduate and/or Bachelor degree(s) in relevant fields, though experience in consulting and power/energy industries may substitute for relevant graduate education in this regard.
- 5+ years of experience in the related roles , specific experience in various APAC markets (eg. would be highly regarded.
- Broad understanding of the power industry, with specific focus on the mechanics of power markets – including Generation, Transmission & Distribution, Wholesale & Retail Markets.
- Strong analytical capabilities to support review of utility tariffs, power contracts, and power market fundamentals.
- Possess an entrepreneurial, self-directed spirit and proven track record of project execution, with exceptional interpersonal and communications (verbal and written) skills.
- Team player capable of adapting to ambiguous environments with cross-group collaboration and problem-solving abilities with Growth mindset.
- Understanding and experience working with regulatory structures in the energy and utility industry.
- General understanding of data centers and cloud services.