Position Title: Senior Manager – Transaction Acceleration Group, Clean Energy Buyers Association
Position Posting: https://ceba.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=77&source=aWQ9Mjk%3D
Location: Washington, DC or Denver/Boulder, CO area
This is an exciting opportunity to build on existing, and accelerate, the work of the Clean Energy Buyers Association and Clean Energy Buyers Institute’s focused on helping energy customers accelerate the clean energy transition and creating a global community of clean energy customers. The Senior Manager, Transaction Acceleration Group will lead work focused on energy customers of all sizes and types to activate a community of energy customers and partners to deploy market solutions for a carbon-free energy system. This is a great opportunity to be part of a team driving change in our electricity system across the globe.
The work will include building and supporting existing programmatic work that serves the CEBA and CEBI stakeholder including educational materials, convenings and community building activities.
As the Senior Manager, you will report to a Senior Director who oversees the initiative; and you will collaborate with the other leads in the Transaction Acceleration Group and manage several team members.
The Senior Manager will drive the programmatic activities and outcomes of this work. In 2022, the focus is on creating/updating/reinvigorating workstreams that accelerate the capacity for different energy customers to procure clean energy, and an ongoing process of evaluating needs/understanding barriers they face in the market. Beyond 2022, the focus will be on implementation, evaluation, and adjusting workplans as needed. The workstreams are largely based on gathering an understanding of what needs to happen to drive the energy transition, success factors, and how CEBA and CEBI can support and accelerate the transition.
- Empowers and oversees team development of innovative ideas and practices. Contributes to strategy development with senior leaders. Develops initiatives consistent with mission, vision and core tenets.
- Demonstrates capability to structure, plan, budget and manage projects from small to large. Is effective at managing through challenges and delivering against a shared standard of excellence. Develops plans and programs that take into consideration resource availability.
- Manage and develop (or oversee development of) new resources
- Co-create new programming in collaboration with other leaders as needs arise
- Facilitate multi-stakeholder groups to (for example) drive mutual understanding of all positions, test hypothesis, trial new tools/resources, etc.
- Support tracking of key performance indicators for team
- Act as relationship manager for 10-20 of CEBA’s members
- Supervise Coordinators and Associates (currently 4 people)
- Master’s degree and 7+ years’ experience or equivalent professional experience may substitute for degrees
- Industry experience is highly preferred in at least one of the following: Understanding of U.S. energy markets and clean energy options available; Understanding of energy development in the U.S. and markets worldwide
- The ability to develop and articulate a compelling vision for the work
- A track record in project management
- Passion for CEBA’s mission of activating a community of energy customers and partners to deploy market and policy solutions for a carbon-free energy system
- Experience in campaign management and communications
- Experience in design, delivery and execution of resources, tools, and platforms to provide guidance for organizations seeking to procure renewable energy is a plus.
- Team management and the ability to readily accept and provide feedback to/from multiple sources
- The ability to meet strict deadlines through keeping open communications with team members
- Willingness to provide mentorship and guidance to junior staff and colleagues
- An ability to adapt to new situations and changing priorities, as well as to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Shared commitment to CEBA’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence (RISE)
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Communicate verbally and in written form with great facility and must be able to be understood.
- Present and/or facilitate groups, in person and virtually.
To be considered for this opportunity, please provide a resume and cover letter.
About Clean Energy Buyers Association
Together, the Clean Energy Buyers Association (CEBA) and the Clean Energy Buyers Institute (CEBI) form the Clean Energy Buyers Alliance, and share a collective vision of customer-driven clean energy for all. The Alliance is an inclusive community of energy customers, clean energy providers, service providers, NGOs, philanthropies, and clean energy thought-leaders. Our aspiration is to achieve a 90% carbon-free U.S. electricity system by 2030 and to cultivate a global community of energy customers driving clean energy.
The Clean Energy Buyers Association is a business association with a mission to activate a community of energy customers and partners to deploy market and policy solutions for a carbon-free energy system. The Clean Energy Buyers Institute is a public benefit charity with a mission dedicated to solving the toughest market and policy barriers to achieving a carbon-free energy system.
Our guiding values and tenets are: we value respect in our treatment of people and the planet; integrity in how we conduct ourselves; service to our mission, stakeholders, and colleagues; and excellence in our programs and work. The core tenets that CEBA strives to foster include Mission oriented, grounded by strategy, a spirit of partnership inside and outside of CEBA and innovation and entrepreneurship through healthy and respectful discord. We know that diversity is critical to realizing our vision of customer-driven clean energy for all because innovative solutions come from great minds who do not think alike.
Our Salary and Benefits
We offer competitive compensation plus a comprehensive benefits package that aims to develop a world class team by holistically supporting the individual. CEBA believes that supporting all employees to have a full life, inside and outside of work, results in a team that feels personally engaged in CEBA’s success.
CEBA strives for salary equity based on the job, and the candidate’s experience, skills, education, and (once hired) performance at CEBA—not based on a candidate’s negotiation skills, gender, race, sexual orientation, or any other non-skills-based attributes.
- Quality Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, with substantial employer subsidy
- 401(k), with employer match
- Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Generous Parental Leave for parents
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
- Casual Work Environment, with flexible hours
- Highly Flexible PTO
- Earned sabbatical policy
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Achieving CEBA’s vision of a resilient, zero-carbon energy system requires creative problem-solving and a wide range of perspectives; CEBA knows that diversity not only makes our organization stronger, but also is foundational to our mission success.
CEBA is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in company policy and the way we do business at CEBA and is an important principle of sound business management.
Inclusion goes beyond diversity. All CEBA staff shall be committed to accepting and encouraging different perspectives. Creative solutions to tough problems is fostered by respectful challenging of one another’s thoughts and assumptions. CEBA will strive for inclusion also by being open to a variety of cultural practices and norms. We will strive to ever increase our understanding and unveil our unconscious biases.
CEBA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, results of genetic testing, caregiver status, and past, present or prospective service in the military in addition to any other protected categories required by state, federal or local regulations. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, discipline, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits and training. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Skillset Policy
- Salary $86,000 - $130,000
- Experience Level 5-10 years