Title: Senior Operations & Maintenance Manager, Sun Tribe Solar
Position Posting: https://suntribesolar.com/careers/senior-operations-maintenance-manager/
At Sun Tribe Solar, we are building a team of the brightest and most passionate individuals and giving them an environment to freely think, create, grow and thrive, resulting in innovative and forward-thinking approaches to solar. As a Senior O&M Manager with STS, you will be responsible for ensuring the success of our generation and energy storage asset portfolio. This position uniquely requires a variety of skills to manage all aspects of O&M, including system monitoring, subcontractor management, and physical on-site inspection, troubleshooting, and remediation.
The Senior O&M Manager reports directly to the Director of Asset Management. It is expected that this position will require approximately 50% office work and 50% field work (day travel).
- Foster positive working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Foster a sense of trust and reliability on behalf of all asset owners and/or owner representatives by providing timely and accurate communication about any and all site issues.
- Build strong relationships with all host facility site contacts by proactively engaging in communication and providing appropriate lead time for any site visits.
- Assist in developing a network of highly responsive, experienced O&M partners capable of providing quality service for customers.
- Utilize monitoring portals to periodically review the health of all operating assets (minimum requirement of once every morning prior to 9:00 AM).
- Review all alarms and communicate acknowledgement of all relevant issues to our asset owner partners within the contractually prescribed time period.
- Diagnose site issues, either remotely or on site, and log all relevant information to cloud based ticketing platform (Smartsheet and/or Radian Lens).
- Work with subcontractor to ensure alarm set points are properly configured to generate push notifications to all relevant stakeholders.
- Create a summary of all alarm set points for broader team awareness.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to our asset owner partners summarizing all site issues, status, and resolution.
- Host weekly call with our asset owner partners to provide status update on any operational issues. Maintain force majeure event log to include estimated losses in production.
System Operations & Maintenance
- Attend internal project meetings for all Sun Tribe sites prior to commencement of O&M obligation period. Conduct site visits with EPC and/or asset owner representative and ensure receipt of all key information to include drawing sets, equipment manuals, specification sheets and commissioning documents prior to commencement of O&M obligation period.
- Be the main point of contact with the site hosts and notify them ahead of any site visits. Ensure preventative maintenance inspections (PMIs) are completed in compliance with the applicable O&M Contract.
- Review completed PMI checklists and facilitate the completion of all corrective actions as approved by asset owner.
- Submit work order requests and manage subcontractors utilized to perform ad hoc O&M work as contractually obligated.
- Track status of open tickets on an ongoing basis, provide recommendations for remediation and seek approval from asset owner to complete recommended remediation.
- Troubleshoot any open tickets with inverter manufacturers remotely prior to dispatching field technicians. Facilitate warranty equipment replacements.
- Instill and adhere to the Organization’s safety culture
- Review and comment on O&M scope contained in all prospective contracts.
- Ensure proper vegetative maintenance is completed for all ground mount sites.
- Partner with internal and external Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to ensure compliance with existing Pollinator standards as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or Physics or equivalent experience
- General understanding of physical, electrical, and structural construction plans
- Experience with the National Electric Code as it pertains to solar PV system design
- Electrical license preferred
- Experience installing and troubleshooting solar PV systems
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Sketchup, or CAD/CAM programs
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work well with others in a construction environment
- Honest, reliable, self-aware and conscientious
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong planning, organization and prioritization skills
- Currently holds or is in the process of obtaining NABCEP Installation Professional and/or Technical Sales Certification
Sun Tribe is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, or belief.
Sun Tribe is a drug-free workplace.
- Skillset Engineering