Position Title: Senior Quantitative Analyst, Environmental & Energy Commodities Research
Position Posting: https://www.solsystems.com/careers/current-opportunities/?gh_jid=4506646
About Sol Systems
Sol Systems (“Sol”) is a leading renewable energy financier and developer dedicated to creating a platform for compassionate entrepreneurs to have a meaningful impact on the world. The Company has financed or developed more than 1,000 megawatts of solar energy projects to date. Sol Environmental Commodities Management (“ECM”), a division of Sol, manages multiple environmental and energy commodity investment portfolios in the renewable energy certificate (“REC”), carbon, and power markets.
Data is deeply foundational to the trading and investment research culture at Sol Systems. There is an abundance of data out there – the challenge is to find, understand, and integrate the right information into our market research, and communicate the key takeaways to portfolio managers. As a full-time Senior Quantitative Analyst, you will support fundamental market analysis by enhancing efficiency, accuracy and computing power in collecting, storing, reporting, analyzing and communicating structured and unstructured data. In addition, you will have significant responsibilities for performing advanced fundamental analysis in support of trading decisions. You will report to the Senior Director of ECM who leads the market research division.
An ideal candidate will possess an interest in analyzing and trading commodity markets, expert programming and data infrastructure experience, a keen eye for business process improvement, and a desire to join a data-driven investment research team within a growing trading desk, while working in an entrepreneurial environment that is dedicated to financing and developing clean energy infrastructure.
- Market Analysis – Perform advanced fundamental analysis to provide portfolio managers with data-driven insights that informs risk-adjusted portfolio strategy and contributes to P&L creation.
- Data Pipeline – Enable high-integrity collection, cleaning, storing, reporting and analysis of decision-critical information by maintaining, enhancing and expanding existing automated data pipeline.
- Data Reporting – Optimize team workflow by collaborating with end-users to design and build automated reports of both raw data and analyses.
- Data Analysis – Explore and identify trends and relationships by designing and conducting in-depth statistical analyses on large volumes of time-series and cross-sectional data.
- Data Visualization – Communicate data and findings by maintaining, enhancing and developing dynamic visualizations of reports, analyses and forecasts.
- General Support – Support the team by performing ad hoc quantitative and data infrastructure tasks.
Skills and Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, mathematics, or related analytics / engineering field; Master’s degree in a similar field is a plus
- Demonstrated experience and/or a strong desire to lead and comprehensively manage the technology platform for the research division
- Motivated to own and build decision-useful information solutions from scratch including an interest to continually innovate and improve processes
- Expert proficiency in Python and SQL (3-5+ years of experience leveraging Python for data acquisition, transformation, and analysis preferred); Experience web-scraping a plus
- Advanced applied knowledge of Tableau, Power BI, and Excel
- Preferred: 1+ years of analytics and data management experience, including use of GitHub and project management software such as JIRA
- Understanding of technology development projects and the full technology development life cycle
- Demonstrable experience guiding data engineering projects from conception through delivery and maintenance
- Experience helping to build and lead a data engineering/analysis team a plus
- Detail-oriented with strong record-keeping, organizational and time-management skills
- Strong work ethic and energized by a high-standards work product environment
- Demonstrated ability to provide insights and draw conclusions from large datasets
- Excellent critical thinking, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and be able to adapt to changing requirements
- Location & Hours: This position is based in Washington, D.C. Candidates able to spend 2 days in the office per week are preferred. Remote working arrangements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Commitment & Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. In addition, Sol Systems provides health insurance, retirement benefits, partial gym reimbursement, transportation benefits, education benefits, paid vacation and federal holidays, plus the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Deadline: We hope to hire for these positions immediately and will review applicants on a rolling basis.
- Address District of Columbia, United States
- Skillset Engineering