Organization: Tangible Materials, Inc.
Point of Contact at Tangible Materials, Inc.: Matthew Cherry
Organization Address: 2 Embarcadero Center, San Francisco, CA 94111
We are excited to be seeking an experienced software developer to contribute to the development of a platform that will increase the use of low-carbon, sustainable building products in commercial real estate projects globally.
What if it were possible to build buildings with materials that don’t make the climate inhospitable, destroy ecosystems, and harm humans?
Building materials are responsible for approximately 11% of all global greenhouse gas emissions, and real estate development firms are facing increasing investor pressure, local regulations, and tenant demand to build more sustainably. However, there are currently no tools that allow real estate developers and architects to efficiently discover and report on materials that meet their sustainability requirements.
Tangible is a software platform for real estate owners to manage and report on the embodied carbon of developments, and find ways to reduce emissions.
About the Role
Location: Fully remote or hybrid in San Francisco
The ideal candidate is…
– A product-minded crafter at heart who has built web applications from the ground up
– A problem solver who’s willing to work in any area of the stack to build the most impactful features
– A cloud native, able to accelerate development by choosing the right tool for the job
– Familiar with the demands of building products in a startup environment and comfortable with ambiguity
– Deeply passionate about putting their skills to work to address climate change and eager to join an ambitious, fun-loving, and radically caring team that imagines the world as it should be rather than as it is
Some of the things you’ll be working on:
– Architecting the operating system for commercial real estate embodied carbon.
– Evolving our database of information about building materials, manufacturers, commercial real estate projects, and their carbon footprints, material health impacts, costs, and more
– Developing integrations with other software platforms across construction, design, procurement, and reporting; e.g., Procore, Autodesk Construction Cloud, and carbon accounting platforms
– Using ML / AI to rapidly solve problems in the real estate industry
– Designing, building, testing, deploying and operating a web application using Ruby on Rails & React
– Collaborating with UX, Product, Research and our founding team to build the product.
– Respectful Empathizers who build with people in mind and are intentional about crafting a culture that is regenerative and restorative.
– Grounded Imaginers who interrogate the status quo and chart actionable paths to alternative futures.
– Humble Listeners who acknowledge our positionalities in structural hierarchies and seek challenging input.
– Directed Experimenters who make space for play and form connections between disparate fields.
– Intentional Collaborators who recognize where our efforts are most additive and amplify aligned solutions.
– Fun-Loving Humans who take climate change seriously but not ourselves. 🙂
– Competitive salary + generous equity
– 100% employer-covered health insurance
– 401(k) matching up to 4%
– Flexible working hours
– 25 days PTO + Last week of year off
– Biannual in-person gatherings