Title: Special Assistant, Climate Power
Application Link: https://www.idealist.org/en/nonprofit-job/73535485a222425d96cde87fe1021bd2-special-assistant-climate-power-climate-power-washington
The Climate Power team is seeking a Special Assistant to the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director. The Special Assistant will assist with scheduling, project management, administrative tasks, and research and writing support as needed. This position works directly with campaign leadership to support the mission of elevating climate and clean energy solutions into the political conversation and identifying opportunities to shift the national political narrative. This position calls for a highly organized, detail-oriented, and responsible self-starter on whom Climate Power’s leadership can rely to work independently and deliver high-quality administrative and research support.
Climate Power will use hard-hitting research, polling, earned media, paid media, and creative digital content to build the political will and public support needed for climate action in 2021. The team will elevate the threat of climate change to spur a national conversation on solutions; embolden leaders to take immediate, bold climate policy action; and wage an offensive campaign against climate deniers and their fossil fuel industry backers.
Climate Power is an independently run project created by the Center for American Progress Action Fund, League of Conservation Voters, and Sierra Club. Climate Power is focused on driving aggressive digital and communications strategies to build the political will and public support needed for bold climate action.
- Manage the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director’s daily schedules; schedule meetings, monitor scheduling correspondence, organize necessary logistics for a robust schedule of online meetings and calls.
- Create, organize, and maintain accurate written records of meeting notes, action items, and electronic files from meetings.
- Manage internal and external partner projects and communicate professionally with external partners.
- Provide logistical support for all staff meetings and public events.
- Process invoices, contracts, and other administrative forms.
- Occasionally draft and/or edit letters, invitations, and other documents.
- Provide research support as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills.
- Superb research skills and writing ability.
- Prior work experience is required. Summer jobs, internships, or part-time work may be sufficient.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and seeks direction as needed.
- Ability to plan ahead, set priorities, and multitask.
- Willingness to take independent ownership and initiative in relation to the team’s overall administrative organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Commitment to American Progress’ mission and goals.
Salary and Position Length
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70. The salary is budgeted for $40,000. This is a temporary position funded through February 28, 2021.
- Address District of Columbia, United States
- Skillset Policy
- Salary 40,000
- Experience Level Entry-Level