Position Title: Sustainer and Mid-Level Donor Coordinator, EDF
Position Posting: https://www.edf.org/jobs/sustainer-and-mid-level-donor-coordinator
With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
About the Position
The Sustainer and Mid-Level Donor Coordinator works closely with the membership and marketing teams to implement a comprehensive strategic plan for the EDF and EDF Action sustainer programs, and engage and cultivate current and prospective mid-level donors. The Coordinator connects with these special communities of members through curated communications to build awareness, to inspire giving, and to demonstrate the member’s impact on achieving EDF’s goals.
This position reports to the Director of Membership Development and will be located in the EDF Washington D.C. office. Initially, due to Covid-19, the position will operate remotely until EDF deems it is safe to return to working in-person.
- Develop annual communications strategy that builds a sense of community, and conveys and shows appreciation for the impact monthly donors have on EDF’s mission.
- Coordinate with the Sustainer Working Group to implement sustainer recruitment campaigns and track the tactics and strategy across all channels including: direct mail, email, website, digital and social media.
- Develop a multi-channel sustainer recapture process that maximizes efficiency and revenue.
- Manage the sustainer acknowledgement program using unique and inspiring ways to surprise and delight sustainers and help deepen their commitment.
- Work with the Sustainer Working Group to develop and implement a Leadership Team (cumulative annual donations of $500-$4,999) sustainer program.
- Coordinate with the Senior Manager, Member Services to identify and remedy duplicate sustainerships, CRM data hygiene issues and other sustainer operations problems.
- Coordinate the reporting and tracking of the sustainer programs.
- Attend the annual benchmarking meeting and report out learnings and trends to the Sustainer Working Group.
- Place thank you calls (email/mail, if phone is not available) to new $500+ Leadership Team members, and provide concierge service for inbound LT communications.
- Execute outreach to encourage lapsing Leaders to renew
- Support the stewardship and cultivation of high-value members identified by Research as a potential Catalyst Circle donor.
- Working with the CC Director, coordinate the creation and implementation of unique and inspiring ways to surprise, delight, and express gratitude to our high value members.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Fundraising, Marketing, Communications or Journalism preferred.
- 2-3 years experience in customer service and/or direct response fundraising. Experience with sustainer programs preferred but not required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- Strong time and project management skills and the ability to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, Environmental Defense Fund’s mission.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Address District of Columbia, United States
- Skillset Communications
- Experience Level 2-5 years